PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wishing that the Krafts followed the Maras' lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one am pleased that the Patriots have NOT followed Mara's lead in quickly moving to cut team employee salaries.

PSL's?? What are those?? I bet Giants and JETS and Cowboys fans wish their owners had followed Krafts lead on those...:bricks:

Shhhh! You'll add to DenverPatsFan's sense of persecution.:D

Why should any of us care if the Patriots cut the salaries of some of their employees? Especially if there is less work for them to do, which will certainly be the case if there is indeed a prolonged lockout. I am sure a lot of people in this forum suffered the same fate, if not one which is far worse, over the past few years.

Spoken like somebody whose job is not on the line.:)

Hey, I agree, somewhat. In the case of, say, a receptionist, if she is awesome versus another who is merely adequate, can you tell? The damage of losing many employees to a better job during the lock out, is minimal.

Those few jobs where talent matters, say PFW writers, are much fewer.

Wow. Where's the holier than thou crowd now? Whenever some dare to criticize the Kraft's they are routinely slammed here. Especially me for example.

Robert Kraft has bond payments on the privately financed stadium.

The Steelers require a May payment as Allegheny County tax payers (me) finance the stadium.

public...private......public...private.......public...private

Any owner that finances his own crib is above criticism.

Spoken like somebody whose job is not on the line.:)
In this case my job is not on the line, but I've been in that position where my job was dependant on the abilities of others to get their heads out of their asses.
Hey, I agree, somewhat. In the case of, say, a receptionist, if she is awesome versus another who is merely adequate, can you tell? The damage of losing many employees to a better job during the lock out, is minimal.

Those few jobs where talent matters, say PFW writers, are much fewer.
I assume PFW will go on publishing so those people aren't seeing a reduced load. But take a groundskeeper who normally would prepare the practice fields everyday in July and August, not to mention getting the actual stadium ready for exhibition games. If there's no football (or practices) and he's sitting on his ass, I can't really begrude the team for cutting his pay.

I'm a season ticket holder (4 seats) and I will send my check in this Friday. Due dates, whether it's on 3/2, 3/31 or sometime in April or even May is the same thing. It's a prepayment for an event in August or September-February so the due date is irrelevant as I see it.
For a lot of people, there is a huge difference between March 31st and April 30th. The difference is that the schedule comes out during that time period so those who are always going in with a couple fellas who take certain games won't get that help. And, of course, this year even after the schedule comes out, it will still be tough to get others to come in with a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back