Welcome to PatsFans.com

Winos For Barck Hussein Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Obama supporters---------:singing:

CLEVELAND - Volunteers supporting Barack Obama picked up hundreds of people at homeless shelters, soup kitchens and drug-rehab centers and drove them to a polling place yesterday on the last day that Ohioans could register and vote on the same day, almost no questions asked.
    HOMELESS 'DRIVEN' TO VOTE OBAMA - New York Post
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Win at all costs baby! This stuff is really messed up to me. EVERYONE does it. I really dislike the "vote or die" ideology, using petty cash to buy hot dogs for votes, or shuttling winos to the booth for a bottle of hooch. I think only people who want to vote, by personally making the effort, should.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

The good thing about it is they'll be so f-cking drunk they'll vote for Mccain because his name sounds Irish----------:singing:
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  4. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Isn't voting a GOOD thing? Especially for these people who live miserable lives? :confused:
  5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

the thing is it doesn't explicitly say they voted for Obama. Most of them were just looking for a ride to the voting station.

I mean, yes the assumption was obviously there that they would, but all they did was drive people from soup kitchens to the pollin stations. It comes down to whether you think these people are aware and should participate in the election, or are clueless and should stay home. The same goes for the Vote or Die campaign. I don't know if I want complete idiots voting but I like the idea of getting a greater number of people engaged.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

again...no offense people....

but....

SHAME ON YOU for attepting to have the perspective that people shouldn't be able to vote.

Election day should be a national holiday, and every US citizen should have the chance to vote, NO MATTER WHAT.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Voting is a great thing. However, I want informed people voting. I want the people who are voting, to understand the issues, the candidates, and their positions with respect to them. I don't want petty cash buying hot dogs for people on the street, so that they vote for Coke, or to have campaigns picking up winos, and telling them to vote for Pepsi. Informed people should vote. It's like pink hats and sports. You wouldn't want a pink hat voting for your favorite teams moves (if fans could vote for such things). You'd want informed fans who understand the actual sport, the franchise, and it's needs to.

Ever watch South Park? Check out the Vote or Die episode if you get a chance.

Here's the theme song. Man I love South Park.
    YouTube - South Park 808: Vote or Die (The Original)
  8. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

They may not have access to the news, but they hear about this stuff from word of mouth. A lot of homeless people were successful earlier in their lives so they're not complete idiots. Also if they didn't want to vote then they didn't have to get on the bus.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Whats the difference between the hot dog vote (as we are calling it) and the Christian Conservative who only knows the abortion issue?

Are they 'informed' if they really only know one thing about each candidate?

EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO VOTE. If knowing the issues was important...our current president couldn't even vote.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Every wino and drug addict, sex deviant, and pervert in America should be able to vote. Hell, give 'em two or three. If that's what it takes Obama to win, let it be noted. Such a source of pride for himself, his family, his children. "My daddy became president because he rounded up all the winos and crack heads in America, gave a free ride, lunch and 'walking around money', and took right up the voting booth. Put those $500 million in 'contributions' from who knows where to good use. Even helped 'em fill out their ballots and pulled the lever for 'em!! I'm so proud of my daddy!!"

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?sw..._mpuk8rzh&use_get_video_info=1&load_modules=1

//
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

any effort to supress a voter, no matter who they are.....is UNAMERICAN. You should be jailed for treason.

Fog, listen to yourself.....
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Give it a rest, HD. America fought for "No taxation without representation" = if we can't have a word, then you can't tax us. Winos and others who contribute nothing shouldn't have a say in who does what. How easy to create a permanent underclass who will always vote for you, a la Cuba, North Korea, Zimbabwe, et. al. dictatorships. Duh.

Get a real history book on America, for God's sake.

//
  13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

But who gets to define who is informed and who isn't? Does not having a car mean you are misinformed or that your opinion is worth less?
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

There is a tax on wine, is there not?
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

and lets get real......depending on where you live...your vote doesn't matter. Say a WINE-O who likes in Texas, and votes for Obama. Or say a WINE-O who lives in the Napa Valley and votes for McCain...

neither of those votes count.

But we shouldn't say someone can't vote. If you pay taxes, and are a citizen...you get to vote.
  16. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

That's funny, the history books I read say that nobody votes in a dictatorship.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

I'm not sure what a car has to do with it. I just think that actually making the effort would be sign #1. If someone isn't even willing to personally get involved, then I'd say it's unlikely that they should be voting. However, to answer your question more specifically, I'll take a page from Slick Willy. The constitution of the United States determines who can vote or not. :D Seriously, I'm not looking to restrict, or remove, anyone's right to vote. I just think that rounding up bodies to pull a lever, is counter productive to the process. I'm a quality guy when it comes to this I guess. I do appreciate what the intent is, of those who want to get more people involved though.
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Not quite true in Ohio where you can go there from wherever and claim residency 30 days prior to an election, register to vote, vote then leave the next day so long as you say you'll return sometime in the next 4 years. That's pretty scary in a swing state.

Principled Public Policy: The Ohio Roundtable - Voting, Government, Politics, News, and Conservative Information

VOTER ELIGIBILITY

You are qualified to vote if:
    • You are a citizen of the United States.
    • You are at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election. If you will be 18 on or before November 2nd, you may vote in the primary election for candidates only, but not on issues.
    • You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election.
    • You register to vote at least 30 days before the election.

How residence is determined:
    By law your residence is the place to which, whenever you are absent, you have the intent to return. If you continuously reside outside of Ohio for a period of four years or more, you are not a resident of this state for voter registration purposes, except if you are absent from Ohio because of federal or state government employment, including military service. Leaving for temporary purposes, such as school attendance, does not result in a change of residence for voting purposes, unless you register in the area where you are currently residing.
  19. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I think the Obama campaign's motives in this case are very self-serving obviously. But encouraging people to vote by driving them to the polls (which is where I got the car thing from) doesn't constitute election fraud as has been suggested in this thread. But I'm inclined to agree with you about having uninformed people voting being a bad thing.

20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sure, and we know right where that tax goes: into the Dems' pockets. Hello.

//