PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Winning the division is no longer that easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I see no reason to question what we already know about this organization and this quarterback."

Uh oh, common sense comes sniffing around again...

Yes indeed. Don't you hate it when that happens? :singing:

It's way too early to even worry about it. The Jets have a one game lead after week 2. Not a big deal. They were 8-3 and in sole possession of first place after 11 games last year and ended up in 3rd place at the end of the year. The Bills were 5-1 last year and ended up in last. Let's just wait and see how things play out. I will say this, I have faith in the Patriots. After all these years, how can you not?

We could check the betting lines. I expect that we are still heavy favorites to win the division. There is big HOWEVER. The jets could be for real. AND Belichick will not win the division if the jets are indeed for real and Belichick feels that the team isn't good enough to beat the jets without a carnival act (no-huddle, wristbands and whiteboards).

-I think the Jets are for real and are a better team than last year. They have a QB who looks like he is going to live up to his hype, but is going to have his bad games as all rookies do. The Offense is average but could be real good with one more WR. The D is exciting and very aggressive and barring injuries a rash of injuries is fairly deep. Rex Ryan has installed a new attitude and whether his approach will get the Jets to elite status no one knows yet. He is not going to change and shouldnt just as Belichick would not change his approach.

- I think Miami's upside from where they are is limited unless Henne replaces Pennington and he turns out to be special. The Wildcat will only work for so long and after teams catch on to that where do they go? Ask yourself this..who is the elite player that scares you on the Phins? They are well coached and not to be overlooked but I think they reached their high point for a while last season.

- I have a hard time figuring out the Bills. They are tough to play at home and have a lot of talent on that team but I dont think they are well balanced and will have issues with TO as the season winds on. I dont think Edwards will get them over the hump as a middle of the road team.

- The Pats to me are still the best team in the division if everthing is equal (i.e. injuries) and will get better as the year progresses, just like I think the Jets will. I think the Pats will win the division, with the Jets vying for a wild card. All that being said, this division is no longer a forgone conclusion as it has been in the past and teams are no longer intimidated to play the Pats.

-I think the Jets are for real and are a better team than last year. They have a QB who looks like he is going to live up to his hype, but is going to have his bad games as all rookies do. The Offense is average but could be real good with one more WR. The D is exciting and very aggressive and barring injuries a rash of injuries is fairly deep. Rex Ryan has installed a new attitude and whether his approach will get the Jets to elite status no one knows yet. He is not going to change and shouldnt just as Belichick would not change his approach.

- I think Miami's upside from where they are is limited unless Henne replaces Pennington and he turns out to be special. The Wildcat will only work for so long and after teams catch on to that where do they go? Ask yourself this..who is the elite player that scares you on the Phins? They are well coached and not to be overlooked but I think they reached their high point for a while last season.

- I have a hard time figuring out the Bills. They are tough to play at home and have a lot of talent on that team but I dont think they are well balanced and will have issues with TO as the season winds on. I dont think Edwards will get them over the hump as a middle of the road team.

- The Pats to me are still the best team in the division if everthing is equal (i.e. injuries) and will get better as the year progresses, just like I think the Jets will. I think the Pats will win the division, with the Jets vying for a wild card. All that being said, this division is no longer a forgone conclusion as it has been in the past and teams are no longer intimidated to play the Pats.

Excellent post. The Jets depth isn't as terrible as many rival fans' perceive it to be - especially on D, we have some damn good depth. Props for recognizing that.

The only depth that worries me is OLine and WR.

But what team doesn't have concerns about OLine depth?

It's way too early to even worry about it. The Jets have a one game lead after week 2. Not a big deal. They were 8-3 and in sole possession of first place after 11 games last year and ended up in 3rd place at the end of the year. The Bills were 5-1 last year and ended up in last. Let's just wait and see how things play out. I will say this, I have faith in the Patriots. After all these years, how can you not?

================================================

The Jets have a 2 game lead, they could lose to the Titans and they would still be in front of the Pats in the AFCE.

================================================

The Jets have a 2 game lead, they could lose to the Titans and they would still be in front of the Pats in the AFCE.

No. The Bills & Patriots are both 1 game behind us.

JETS 2-0
NE 1-1 --- 1GB
BUF 1-1 ---1 GB
MIA 0-2 --- 2 GB

Jets look decent after two weeks. Dolphins suck. Bills are average, as always.

Get back to me when Brady is 100%

No. The Bills & Patriots are both 1 game behind us.

JETS 2-0
NE 1-1 --- 1GB
BUF 1-1 ---1 GB
MIA 0-2 --- 2 GB

==================================================

If heaven forbid the Jets lose to the Titans, they could potentialy be tied with the Bills for the division lead, assumeing the Bi9lls win next week.

If the Jets lose and the Pats, Dolphins and Bills win next week the Jets would be in front due to owning the best division record.

Pats 2/1<Jets 2/1

The Pats will have to wait at least 2 weeks to get a chance of taking over the AFCE. :)

Are you guys honestly looking at the standings two games in?

====================================================

I am, makes me very happy.
I could talk about the division standings all night long.

====================================================

I am, makes me very happy.
I could talk about the division standings all night long.

Ya know the Bills started out last year 5-1. lol

It's meaningless until the end of the season.

Ya know the Bills started out last year 5-1. lol

It's meaningless until the end of the season.

=================================================

Day by day my friend, live for the moment.

Excellent. I want to play in a tough and physical division. That can only benefit the Patriots in the long term if we're good enough.

Im glad Miami lost last night. We are going to need all those divisional losses...

Thoughts?

-- FRITZ
I was rooting for Miami to win last night. Colts might be fighting with us for the home field, assuming we take a much anticipated giant leap forward.

Our d really worries me, though. More than the personel deficiency, I worry about the bend-don't-break defensive play calling. It does not seem to optimize production from our personel, and palyers are often put in a position to prevent errors, instead of attacking and making things happen.

Win the division!??!!

Said in the same manner as "PLAYOFFS!?, you want to talk PLAYOFF?!?".

Miami is tough and will run over New England. The Jets already demonstrated their superiority and Buffalo was even stevens with our boys and we needed luck to pull it out, AT HOME!!

Look, fellas, I'm not saying all is lost. We may start doing a lot better. But we have a LOT of work to do.

Jesties can talk about winning the division, they are 2-0. We are 0-2 without a miracle finish. Can you DIG that? 0-2!!

When you're 0-2, you talk about what you can do to get better...you don't talk about 'yeah, winning the division might be a little tougher'...that's just too much.

Playoffs!?!?! Who was that guy?

The jestiest have won that right. BB gave them that right by not blitzing the boy wonder.

It won't be easy, but that makes it better to get Jets fans hopes up. This is what it must have been like being a Yankees fan watching the Red Sox get off to early division leads only to choke them away as the season went on.

Let me tell you, the people up here in Buffalo are very worried that Owens is about to go out of his mind.

Seriously, wtf are you smoking? Bills fans aren't "very worried" about Owens. Bills fans just want to win. Please provide a link for such garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes