Welcome to PatsFans.com

Windbag Biden

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

2. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

When I heard a clip of Bidens quote I thought to myself "did he just tell all Americans to stay in their home and not to leave or you will get the flu?"
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Something smells real funny about the hysteria over this whole "swine flu" or "Mexican flu" or whatever the politically correct name for it is. I've never seen so much news about something that has killed what ... 200 people in the entire world. Either they know something they're not telling us, or this is the biggest hype since Hillary's health care plan ... wait a minute ...... hm-m-m....

//
  4. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Open mouth, insert foot. Way to scare people away from flying.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Biden is the best life insurance Obama could possibly have bought.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

36,000 people die every year from the regular flu...(is the govt telling us everything) are we under attack, is Sarah keeping Alaska safe, how is the islamic world doing, why don't they close the mexican border?

Does Biden have a family history of mental illness, most presidents choose slobbering a$s kissers for their #2 man but why did Obama choose an a$s kissing moron?

36,000 people died last year from the regualr flu, why didn't Winbag Biden tell us to stay off the subways last year.

Obama's stupid press secretary made a fool out of himself again he said "thats not what Biden meant to say" what a bunch of friggin clowns (they used to call bush an idiot)..:rolleyes:
  7. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Gibbs was trying to cover by saying Biden "meant to say" he wouldn't advise travel "if you're sick." Strange,very strange goings on.

Take from this what you will:
    Texas Doctor Claims Swine Flu Cases Far Worse Than Reported, Level 6 Pandemic In Effect

There's a redacted doc in there that you have to click to enlarge. This is one link that people should actually click on and read.

Mexico's basically closed up apparently, something like 100 schools are closed in the US.

Whatever you want to believe about the flu itself,combined with Chrysler's bankrupcy this flu is going to send the economy down even more.

Buckle up.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Jesus Christ, what if Obama gets the Swine Flu, does that mean that the Friggin Moron Windbag Biden will be "playing president" with America.

The Obama Trip To Mexcico:
    The White House is issuing a health advisory outlining "protective measures" for anyone who traveled on President Barack Obama’s trip to Mexico, after a member of the U.S. delegation came down with flu-like symptoms – and tests on his family showed they’re probably infected with the swine flu.

The individual – an advance security staffer for Energy Secretary Steven Chu –appears to have spread the flu to his wife, son and nephew. All three have tested probable for swine flu, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said.
    White House issues advisory after Obama Mexico trip - Carol E. Lee and Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com
  9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Really stupid comments by Biden and not because I buy the idea that when the VP says something like that people are so gullible that they're going to actually follow his advice and not travel. This is the first one of his gaffes that actually has me questioning how intelligent he is since it reflects a very paranoid and silly view that has no connection to reality.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 5 / -2

I was forwarded an email from a buddy of mine, who knows someone inside the CDC, and the email basically said that the "Swine Flu" is really much to do about nothing, and that it's more of a media propogandized hysteria than anything else. It made me wonder a little bit. Should we be worried about this thing, or is the press blowing this up to sell ad time? I honestly have no clue what the answer is.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Biden should STFU.. still do not understand why it is such a big deal... seems as though we are not getting the correct information or the health orgs are breeding hysteria.
  12. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I'm not worried at all. Are we ever going to learn our lesson with these hysterical disaster scenarios that pop up every year? They always mean nothing and if this time it is a case the boy who cried wolf then there's really nothing I can do personally to change it. It always amazes me just how little grasp people have of the scope of a problem relative to the whole. 200 something cases and what 1 death or something? You have a better chance of getting Lupus, and we all know:

[​IMG]
  13. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I honestly don't know. Janet says millions and millions of Thermaflu or whatever are being stockpiled,and states with reported cases are receiving shipments of equip,meds,etc.

She also said that if a school is closed, the kids should not be at the mall,they should be kept home.

Things are gearing up on many levels yet they're downplaying Biden's remarks for sure and saying go ahead and travel. Kids should stay home but people should go ahead and travel...jmho but they're f* with us by either hiding the severity of this flu or trying to do something else. Very strange,very confusing, but whatever happens won't be good.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

I agree, also there is international hysteria also.. there is a whole lot of smoke here and it is a cause for concern. I will prefer to err on the side of caution.
  15. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This was from yesterday: Homeland Security Issues Alert On Mandatory Quarantine Procedures

Read the whole article if you can and check the links in it. Mind boggling what's happening right under our noses. Check the thread about the pharma company too.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Maybe Bidens Right

Bring Back Bush He'll Protect Us...:p
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Biden??? Shut up?? :rofl:

Now THAT'S funny. :rofl:...........................:eek:............:rofl:

//
  18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

As I understand it the Viruses that cause any kind of Flu aren't really floating around anyway. You're more likely to get exposed to it from a handshake or a door knob or from someone making you a sandwich or something. To have one little Flue Virus fly out of someone's nose and then go directly up yours is actually pretty rare. I also know for a fact that the deepest, darkest secret that the airlines hold is that their airplanes all leak like crazy. Even Air Force One isn't air tight. Its no big deal, the engines have enough muscle to pump way more fresh air into the cabin than needed to replace the loss. People just get creeped out when they find out that the plane they're in leaks that much. So the airline companies always just change the subject whenever anyone asks about a lack of an official air exhaust system.
  19. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

Interesting story. A friend of mine is an epidemiologist (state level, but not on flu) and I had a change to chit chat over this in generalities. Call it an informed source, but not someone involved.

In essence he says that "yeah, the media coverage on this has been over the top". But he also said that that may not completely a bad thing. His take on this bug is that this version in and of itself, doesn't seem too bad. Apparently , while it is new, it does have some coding from a known H1N1 know human bug that might offer a touch of "protection". Also, it seems to be missing on of the Amino acids present in the really virulent bugs in the past (like the 1918 flu and the current H5N1 avian flu). Hence, the mild appearance.

That said, this one is troubling, because it has already made the most difficult jump an emerging pathogen needs to make in order to become harmful to humans and that is the jump to human-human transmission. Its not particularly unexpected as a certain segment of virologists have noticed an uptick recombination activity in H1N1 viruses in the last couple years that suggested it could make this jump. Obviously, once the jump is made, without natural immunities, the bug will tend to be fairly transmissible and easily spread.

Another troubling thing is that it has demonstrated the capacity to cause the "cytokine storm" (yeah, I had to look it up to) response in humans. You see it in Mexico, which is likely due to significantly higher than reported rates and initial delays in treatment.

The problem isn't what this flu is now, it what it has the capacity to become. Flu viruses are know for rapid mutations and evolve through the process of recombination (gene swapping). Now that this virus seems to have made the big jump to the human "mixing bowl" (which is not typical of swine viruses), it has significant capacity of recombinant adaptation.

I'm told the current worry is not with the N American or European cases right now as they will likely peter out. The big worry is the spread to the southern hemisphere and asia, which is entering it's flu season. Once there, it will start co-infecting with other viruses and through recombination, COULD develop far more lethal capabilities. In other words, if it mixes into someone that has a the H5N1 Bird flu (which is really lethal, but does not spread easily), then through the recombinant process, it could inherit the lethal qualities and retain the transmissibility and come out a "super bug". That is apparently what occurred with the 1918 virus (which started mild and went rogue 6 months later). This recombinant effect is why the flu can nener really be cured, it changes to much.

Of course, it could just as well mix the genes and mutate to a form that is not very lethal and not easy to catch either. Noone knows. That is the fear. It can (and likely will) evolve to lose it's resistance to anti-virals (like tamiflu). That is a pretty common.

Here was a pretty interesting VIDEO out there on the whole process.

Watch the health agencies like WHO and the CDC, not the virus and how many are dying. It'll tell you more. Might be something, might be nothing. Time will tell.