PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WIND tonight - hampering passing game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It helps and hurts both teams. Brady is better in the wind than Sanchez. But the Jets are a better running team than the Patriots.

What it clearly does is help which ever team gets an early lead. Particularly if that team has the wind during the 4th quarter.

Are the Jets a better running team than the Pats? Statistically they are, but BJGE and Woodhead have arguably been better than LT and Greene over the last month or month and a half.

Are the Jets a better running team than the Pats? Statistically they are, but BJGE and Woodhead have arguably been better than LT and Greene over the last month or month and a half.

Yep, this is true. Woodhead will have a break out game to show the jets what they missed out on.

Apparently, it's 33 degrees at present with gusts of up to 20 mph. But that is one bitterly C O L D wind. I came to work on my bicycle this a.m and it wasn't a lot of fun. Wrap up warm, my friends (and keep the circulation going by shouting!)

WIND can only help the Patriots, IMO.

This is a much stronger defense when Mayo and Spikes are in the game and running downhill.

Brady has a much larger playbook for the passing game than Sanchez does. In a shortened passing game, the Patriots are favored. If Sanchez can't throw downfield, that will hurt the Jets badly.

If Spikes and Mayo are in and they are looking to stop the running back, this is a strong defense. It's the sub-defense that is a concern for the Patriots.

Totally helps the Pats. We have an entire playbook of extended-running play passes that we can still employ in windy conditions. Our biggest vulnerability on defense is accurate medium-long passing plays, which will be tough to make as a thrower in high winds. It they try them though, it will leave a few inaccurate balls out there that get affected by the wind.

Which leads into one of our strengths. Picking off wayward intermediate passes that are not exactly on target. :D

I think it will allow our defense to focus more on the run, where we are more effective.

Last edited:
I don't know if wind will be a big factor per say,however if the weather keeps the game down in points then that certainly favors the Jets.

I think the Jets will not win a scoring slugfest and I don't expect this game to be one,if it is then the Jets can't keep up.

Again, I think this is a huge advantage for the Patriots with the wind. Sanchez has struggled in the breeze.

Plus, the wind wouldn't dare blow on Tom Brady...too worried about a league fine :)

If it were the older 2007 version of the Patriots offense playing Id probably be concerned, but with the offense the way it is today with the short to intermediate passing game the wind should not have much affect on the passing game. The Jets do like to take shots down field on occasion so it should hinder their passing game more than the Patriots.

I would think inclimate weather will favor us. Brady obviously has the upper hand on Sanchez there, as does our passing style. Hope we get aggressive with their wideouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes