PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Win or Lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBronxPats14

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Tonite's game WILL NOT win or lose Superbowl. Sure it would be great to get a win there, show we're for real against elite teams and against a legit team on road. On that note like Pats beat Rams in SB 36 they lost to them during reg season. BB is notorious for seeing a team second time around, making adjustments. I like Pats chances Vs Colts & Saints if they meet them down road in playoffs. It doesn't matter who suits up for us. This Pats team can go all the way. In 2006 at Colts we were just ONE Receed Caldwell catch (any one) from winning a 4th Superbowl. Remember those receivers Brady had? He doesn't either.

Yeah my level of hype is rather low for tonight's game. Being an NFC game it is losable in the race for the #2 seed. Obviously it's not completely meaningless, it's a good measuring stick.

I figure if we lose this and win the rest we still should get the bye. SD and Cincy would just have to lose one more game each (Cincy's will likely need to be an AFC loss).

It's pretty important as far as national perception of the team is concerned. I will be hyped for any Pats game, whether it's the Colts or the Lions.

Yeah my level of hype is rather low for tonight's game. Being an NFC game it is losable in the race for the #2 seed. Obviously it's not completely meaningless, it's a good measuring stick.

I figure if we lose this and win the rest we still should get the bye. SD and Cincy would just have to lose one more game each (Cincy's will likely need to be an AFC loss).

My level of hype is high. Here's the reason : sure they CAN win it all by getting hot in January (and I hope they do)... but to lose on the road like they've done, screwing around offensively in the 2nd half - there is no reason to believe in them vs tough teams away at the moment.

A win here shows me, as a fan, that my team has a legit shot. Losing by 21 tells me they CAN win, but it just might not happen.

Uh, no, this game is pretty important for the #2 seed race. I doubt we can afford to lose more than one game and still beat the Bengals and Bolts. Even one loss is stretching it.

It's pretty important as far as national perception of the team is concerned. I will be hyped for any Pats game, whether it's the Colts or the Lions.

Who the F*ck cares about "national perceptions"? The team doesn't, Belichick certainly doesn't, so why is it important? Media rankings have no effect on the games. It's just for dumb as fans to go "Oh look, my team is no. 1!".

Lose this game and this team is looking like a solid #4 and maybe #3 - I see little chance for a #2 if they lose tonight unless both Cincy and SD lay an egg or two and I don't see that happening.

All those negative waves... Stop it with those negative waves.

ODDBALLSAYSsilkscreen.jpg

The Patriots are gonna win, baby! Just feel the love, ya know?

I have to say I've bought into the hype and I'm a nervous nellie

I hate that we have to play this game right now. I think we're the only team, other than Miami, that has to play both the Saints and Colts this year, and both are on the road. Pretty crappy deal.

It's obviously a big opportunity to beat an elite opponent, but I'd much rather have an easier game going into next week, which is a much more important game.

The reality is that it's after Thanksgiving, and the Patriots haven't won a game in another team's home stadium yet. This game, at the time, is not exactly what they need.

That said, to be the best you have to beat the best. The upside of winning tonight would be significant. I'd much rather have a more pedestrian opponent, though, and a higher chance of going 8-3 and staying in line for a 2 seed.

Last edited:
I have to say I've bought into the hype and I'm a nervous nellie

It's all good, bro. It's all good.

I've got some Sam Adams, some chips, a bucket of popcorn chicken, some hot sauce, and a wide screen and surround sound with the volume cranked to 11.

Life is good, and the Patriots will win.

Feel the love.......

It's all good, bro. It's all good.

I've got some Sam Adams, some chips, a bucket of popcorn chicken, some hot sauce, and a wide screen and surround sound with the volume cranked to 11.

Life is good, and the Patriots will win.

Feel the love.......

I need beer

:(

I hate that we have to play this game right now. I think we're the only team, other than Miami, that has to play both the Saints and Colts this year, and both are on the road. Pretty crappy deal.

It's obviously a big opportunity to beat an elite opponent, but I'd much rather have an easier game going into next week, which is a much more important game.

The reality is that it's after Thanksgiving, and the Patriots haven't won a game in another team's home stadium yet. This game, at the time, is not exactly what they need.

That said, to be the best you have to beat the best. The upside of winning tonight would be significant. I'd much rather have a more pedestrian opponent, though, and a higher chance of going 8-3 and staying in line for a 2 seed.

I hear ya but it is what it is. Schedule calls for it so we have to take care of business and that why I feel that meeting Colts ( possible AFCCG) & Saints (possible SB matchup) will benefit Pats in Long run with preperation rather than short term bragging rights. But with that said I'm well aware of importance of a loss tonite for playoff positioning. There is still games left in this season anything can happen. Whose to say SD or Cincy is alock.

Pats could win by 30 and the whole country would still say they did it by cheating.

I'd rather win than lose. It might not win the Superbowl, but momentum is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Pats could win by 30 and the whole country would still say they did it by cheating.

Maybe so, but at least then they'll have drawn more attention to the desperate plight of the Stick Figure Two :D

I'd rather win than lose. It might not win the Superbowl, but momentum is a wonderful thing.

So true. Getting to be that stage of the season.

Far from the end of the world if we lose, but it's time for this team to make a statement.

I want a win just so I don't have to read another weeks worth of 'The sky is falling' posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots