Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Win, FAIL, or Meh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, at least it attempted to be constructive, unlike some. :bricks:

I had to re-read the thread and didn't really see where anybody wasn't constructive or was rude. I see a lot of disagreements especially on Ward but I think it was all pretty constructive.

1 ~ I think in today's NFL, coverage is paramount.

2 ~ I'd actually say that the combination of coverage and pressure is paramount. If you can do both, you're going to have a very good shot at a having a top defense.

3 ~ I think that in the NFL, whether you're talking 2014 or 1923, Pressure is Paramount.

1 ~ A great Secondary can make a weak Pass Rush look decent.

2 ~ But a great Pass Rush can make a weak Secondary look like Gods.

4 ~ As I said, if you're going to have a top defense, you have to be able to do both well.

5 ~ Nice "recap" of your very recent previous post.
spock.gif

6 ~ Well, at least it attempted to be constructive, unlike some. :bricks:

Uh, no.

That was not constructive.

Much love, Brother Mayo, but this was a classic case of your getting a wee bit persnickety and taking umbrage at the rest'f us ~ mostly me ~ not falling in line with your Vision. :snob:

"As I said" is universally understood to project that lecturing, hectoring tone that you clearly intended...and that I called you on.
spock.gif

"As I said" communicates the message: "OK, I'll repeat myself, you dimwits, and pray it sinks in this time." :D

If that was not your intended tone ~ despite the fact that everyone knows that each and every time someone has ever prefaced a Statement with the term "As I said" it meant that they were starting to get a little testy ~ then I would've suggested any of a number of alternative Prefaces. :p

C'mon, Brother Mayo: Fess up!! You were getting a might irritated with our Ignorance. ;)

I think that in the NFL, whether you're talking 2014 or 1923, Pressure is Paramount.

I've been reading a lot, lately, about how a great Secondary can make a weak Pass Rush look decent.

While technically true, anyone who focuses on that has their priorities @$$-backwards.

1 ~ A great Secondary can make a weak Pass Rush look decent.

2 ~ But a great Pass Rush can make a weak Secondary look like Gods.

Completely agree!

Pressure is the defense attacking the offense. That old expression about 'the best defensing is a good offense' is true. IMO, coverage is playing defense, and I'm a huge fan of it but no matter how good your coverage is an elite offense is going to get open, especially in todays NFL where breathing on a receiver can be considered PI.

People will forever debate the Brady to Welker throw in SB46 (a stupid debate IMO) but no one talks about how Justin Tuck sacked Brady right before that play. Brady landed on his left shoulder, the one he injured earlier in the year. Re-injuring a shoulder is going to have a dramatic effect on the ability to throw the ball, no amount of coverage is going to have the same effect as injuring/intimidating/disrupting the opposing QB. The only thing as impactful, though not nearly as appreciated, is preventing that from happening to your QB.

The game is won and lost at the lines!

Any mock that has Mallett traded for #33 is a fail.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back