• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From DraftTek.com, but I'm only going to ask you to rate the first two rounds, for reasons that will become apparent when you see the third round:

1 [OAK] Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
1 [NE] Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

2 [CAR] Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
2 [NE] Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma

3 [MIN] Colin McCarthy, SILB, Miami
3 [NE] Nate Irving, WILB, NC State

Because obviously the Pats need two more ILBs. . . . :bricks:

Last edited:
From DraftTek.com, but I'm only going to ask you to rate the first two rounds, for reasons that will become apparent when you see the third round:

If BB thinks Bailey can play our system. It's fine. He does like guys from Miami Wilfork and Meriweather were 1st rounders. I don't think Julio Jones falls to late 20's or hopefully 32. But, we'd have to take him if he does. My .02 on the Fab Four wr's coming out. Other than AJ Green. They are big guys who can run. Don't know if any of them are great route runners. They like the qb's to just heave the ball up and go get it. That's not the way Brady works. I just don't see us drafting one of those guys.

Love Solder at top of 2nd. Give Scar and Wojcik a year with him and we're set at T for a long time. I'd like to upgrade olb depth too. Beal seems like a good player. Can't complain about the first two rounds.

I'll take that 1st 3rd rounder and trade it for a 2nd in 2012. Maybe, there's a running back late in the 3rd we like.

Meh....

based on the way this draft plays out:

1a - OT anthony castonzo
1b - WR julio jones
2a - OC steve wisniewski
2b - OLB jeremy beal
3a - DE jared crick
3b - RB delone carter or RB jamie harper

Love the Jones and Beal picks, considering the value obtained. Bailey is a huge MEH from me. I think he's physically gifted, but I don't really want him on my team unless BB thinks he can shape him into a serviceable lineman. And that's really the problem with taking him high in the first, isn't it? He's too much of a risk for a first rounder. If he somehow fell to the second, then okay, it's worth the risk. But not in the first.

Solder would benefit from playing on this team. Scar would whip him into shape and in a year or two, when Light moves on, he would make a great bookend with Vollmer. I am not so sure I want to take a depth/replacement guy that high, but if that's what it takes to secure a premier (but extremely raw) talent, then I'm all about that.

Third round is putrid. Irving is a great player, but I don't see room for him on this team. And if McCarthy goes third round, I'll give up amateur scouting. Okay, maybe not. It's kind of addicting. :D

Let's take a look at the players selected around them in this draft, and see if we can't tweak things a bit. The first round seems atrocious in terms of the Patriots draft needs. We miss out on every big name front seven player, it looks like. Oh, except Aldon Smith goes in the third . . . :bricks:

The more I look over this mock, the more I truly hate it. If that's really how the draft fell, then I would hope we trade back and stockpile 2nd and 3rd rounders. We could pick up guys like Jimmy Smith, JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, Bilal Powell, Clint Boling, etc, who would actually improve our team this year and next, instead of wasting picks on back up linebackers who wouldn't even make the squad, like Draft Tek has us doing.

Maybe I should change my vote to fail.

That Mock is an ATROCITY.

I saw that, yesterday, and I truly couldn't believe my EYES. TWO 3rd Rounders on MidFielders??? :bricks:

Seriously, those guys must've been on the pipe for a MONTH, to come up with that.

I will say this, though: Their Consensus Drafts are effective at placing the approximate value of the players, for the most part, and give you food for thought on that matter...if you can just ignore the team next to the player. :rolleyes:

Draft Tek 2011 NFL Consensus Mock Draft

I like the first two rounds a lot, but the third round needs to be reworked, although given BB's 3rd round non - comp history, maybe we should trade both for another 2011 2nd rounder for for 2 more 2012 second rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes