PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilson's Ankle

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I was in the camp that Wilson needed to step it up this year after not playing a good game since SB 39. I always conceded that part of the issue was his ability to stay healthy but that's part of the game in the NFL and not a real excuse. Also he seemed to be a little lost out there at times in the past without Rodney.

This year no Rodney, no injuries he has returned to the Pro Bowler I thought he was becoming in 03-04.

I hope the ankle isn't serious because we need him against teams like Cincy, Dallas and Indy coming up in future weeks. If they need to sit him against the Bills it's a good week to do so.

He was all over the field against the Jets and Chargers covering TE's and slot receivers, covering the middle of the field in zone coverage, making it much easier on Hobbs and Samuel. I don't even know how to quantify how much of an upgrade he's been over Hawkins and other fill-ins at SS it's been such an improvement.

I think back to Wilson and Samuel (nickle back at the time) just lighting up Wayne and Stokley and I think if Wilson and Meriweather can do the same this year that's going to limit what the Colts can do over the middle and allow our CB's to cover the outer half and take away a lot of what Indy does.

No doubt having AD in coverage is also going to be a huge factor.

I just pray Wilson can stay healthy.

I am unaware of any major trauma to Geno's ankle. Is this new or speculative due to an 'injury report' by the Hooded Illusionist?

It was just the injury report but that's enough to worry me when it comes to Gino.

I tend to agree that if it is needed...less time in Buffalo is the place to rest him..I woudl NOT wish to see him aggravate it and be out in Cinci..Sanders has done a great job on the other side...so would it be Meriweather starting?? OR??

I tend to agree that if it is needed...less time in Buffalo is the place to rest him..I woudl NOT wish to see him aggravate it and be out in Cinci..Sanders has done a great job on the other side...so would it be Meriweather starting?? OR??

I think Buffalo would be a great place for meriweather to start. let wilson rest for a week and lets see what the new kid can do for a whole game.

I think Buffalo would be a great place for meriweather to start. let wilson rest for a week and lets see what the new kid can do for a whole game.

Couldn't agree more with all the posts here - Geno should be held out of the Buffalo game. It's a perfectly winnable game without him and I'd rather they go easy. Split his time between Andres (starting) and Meriweather (subbing in but seeing lots of p-time).

Couldn't agree more with all the posts here - Geno should be held out of the Buffalo game. It's a perfectly winnable game without him and I'd rather they go easy. Split his time between Andres (starting) and Meriweather (subbing in but seeing lots of p-time).

I think it's more likely that Meriweather will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back