Welcome to PatsFans.com

Wilson did not strongly object to his wife's "outing"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Columnist Robert Novak said Saturday Ambassador Joe Wilson did not forcefully object to the naming of his CIA operative wife, Valerie Plame Wilson, when Novak spoke to him prior to the publication of a column that sparked a federal investigation and sent White House aide I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby to jail.

“He was not terribly exercised about it,” Novak said.

Instead, Wilson focused on not being portrayed as simply an opponent of the Iraq war (!!!). Wilson also stressed that his wife went by his last name, Wilson, rather than Plame, Novak said.

Novak forcefully defended his handling of the column and the legal wrangling that surrounded the special counsel investigation in a seminar on the CIA leak case at the 2007 Society of Professional Journalists Convention.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news...-naming-of-cia-wife-in-column-2007-10-06.html

//
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

I guess the question would be who cares at this point, it has been beaten to death on this board.. it does not make a big difference if he objected or not, he was not the operative.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The issue was "how bad was the outing of Valerie Plame", and many said it was like exposing the entire national defense to the whole world.

Clearly Wilson's own lack of concern about it (his wife's outing), now revealed for all to see, puts the final punctuation mark on the whole affair.

//
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

I think the answers you find are what you want to find.. first of all Novack is reporting that he "was not terrible exercised about it", do you expect Wilson to throw a tantrum to Novack.. come on now, at that point she was still an operative and to react to it may have only compounded the situation which at that time was a fishing expedition.. come on now, you aren't that dumb, read between the lines.. everything is not verbatim, become a disciminatory viewer.. not another sheeple.

For someone who says they were against the whole Iraq Invasion, you spend a lot of time on this whole affair.. in reality it is not as big a deal as you want it to be..
  5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The whole thing is liberals trying to make a mountain out of a molehill to attack the Bush Administration. This recent admission only confirms that.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

If I knew how to do your famous pot meet kettle, it would be appropo here.. do you think if he did raise a fuss it would have confirmed what Novack suspected.. his demeanor may have been only to keep it quiet..
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'll be happy to help you out... simply right click on the image, and copy and paste the "properties" url of the image into a thread via the forum's image button...
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, no it wouldn't... and that is RW's, not mine.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Wilson is a first class a$s hole, I wouldn't let him mow my lawn.
    :bricks:
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So this final revelation, the cap on the bottle, demonstrates that this whole thing about Scooter Libby was 100% pure political theater, designed to discredit a president. Nothing more, nothing less. Pure politics. Had zero to do with "preserving national security be protecting NOCs".

Now, everybody knows.

//
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Everybody knows what?? that Novack is a policital hack who will do anything to increase his ratings.. not sure what any of this proves, in the grand scale do not care all that much about Libby and the rest of this case, but talk about begging issues and coming up with conclusions based on a sentence or two.

The "pure politics" happened on both sides of the aisle, Richard Cheney initiated this and the Dems hopped on it.. it has gotten way more play than it needs to and both sides are at fault.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'd say more people respect Novak's opinion than do yours. You get some slack around here because you're a Pats fan, but you sure do push the envelope.

And, just for the record and to correct something you said in another post: I do not dislike you. You began our online dialogue by attacking me, doubting my facts, and blatantly attacking my religions so it was YOU who initiated hostilities; I have only been defending myself.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if I was speaking as a Roman Catholic here, you'd have been shut up (and maybe bounced from this list) for your uncontrolled hostility toward my religion. That's against all norms of civilized behavior, as well as the rules of this list.

//