PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find...a great Q and A!!!

well

PFW: What do you guys need to do to get back to the Super Bowl?

McGinest: That’s up to the organization and the coaching staff to figure out. I just know as a player, I have to stay on top of my game, work hard, come in shape and doing the things I need to do. And if everybody takes that approach, we’ll be all right.

That says a lot right there--shows why the success has come!

Good Post.

The one question that I wished was asked but probably would have been inappropriate would have been:

Are you willing to restructure your contract in order to give the team more cap space?

It would have been interesting to see his answer.

This part of Willie's interview was the most interesting to me, just the human nature kind of thing. Not used to saying goodbye without having won it all.

PFW: Was that the feeling you had after the Denver game in the divisional playoffs? Was it an empty feeling?

McGinest: Yeah. Yeah, it was pretty empty, pretty sad. Especially just coming into the locker room and during the exit physicals and all that stuff. It was something that I didn’t like at all, a lot of guys didn’t like. It was funny because a lot of guys didn’t know how to say bye to each other or see you later next year. It was kind of awkward, you know?

"I have to stay on top of my game, work hard, come in shape and doing the things I need to do. And if everybody takes that approach, we’ll be all right."

I kinda think Willie probbably answered the contract question without it being asked. ;)

it's a given

MoLewisrocks said:
I kinda think Willie probbably answered the contract question without it being asked. ;)
IMO willie ray's answer would be:
"i've been doing that every year anyway. at this stage in my career i just want to do what helps the team win. "

MoLewisrocks said:

Guess I'm dense. How did he answer that?

What he said could mean a lot of things.

I wish they'd asked him about the blow up with Izzo and if they've worked through it.

Hoodie said:
I wish they'd asked him about the blow up with Izzo and if they've worked through it.

I think it was just one of those motivational, "step it up" things. Izzo slipped on edge containment, allowing Anderson to jog it in for a touchdown.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
I think it was just one of those motivational, "step it up" things. Izzo slipped on edge containment, allowing Anderson to jog it in for a touchdown.

I think it was bit more than motivational. Willie pushed him to the ground by his face! I just hope they've made amends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back