PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie Parker iterviewed on Jim Rome show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He was pretty cool, about Anthony Smith's guarantee (called him "Ant") said he can't control what a guy says, but knows it's now bulletin board material. He said Smith busts his ass all the time, practice included. Watch out for that clown.

Asked, based on what McGahee did, what could he do against the Patriots, he said basically, we'll see. Rome said he fumbled 4 times vs. Cinci and he quickly corrected him saying it was 2 fumbles and 2 were overturned. Well...Said he looked forward to playing on a good field after the quagmire in Pittsburgh. As usual on the Rome show though, the guest is basically set up on each question, so not usually many surprise answers. I didn't know Parker was undrafted. No question about Polamalu's status, which would have been the most interesting question.

dont remember where i heard it WFAN or peter king on WEEI ...he basically said in so many words that smith may turn out to be a like an andre carter and his play and hits were borderline dirty ..describing some story which i cant recollect. i just hope we can avoid any injuries from stupid late hits.
jim nantz on wfan added last time he saw smith he was flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I've seen Smith play going back to his days at Syracuse. He's actually a pretty awesome player, and could be a star in this league soon. Hits like cement truck.

....evidently he moves like one, too.

I've seen Smith play going back to his days at Syracuse. He's actually a pretty awesome player, and could be a star in this league soon. Hits like cement truck.

Maybe a little soon in the ol' career to be talking like that though.
Ya think?

Patriots game plan was to attack the weakest link in the defense, and the weak link was extremely weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes