PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie McGinest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born_a_Patriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just an F.Y.I. Willie is going to be on the Best Damn Sport Show Tonight.

I still can't get over him not being a Patriot.

Blah. He retired didn't he ?

um no he went to Cleveland

Remix 6 said:
I guess I should have winked or grinned :rolleyes:

Born_a_Patriot said:

Willie who?

Remix 6 said:
OTOH, that could be considered a paid retirement ;)

Different Strokes...

Some people get a gold watch at thier Retirement Party. BB and RAC arranged a check for $12 million to Willie.

I'll take the check, and I have a watch. Thank You.

You are either a Patriot or you are not...

Born_a_Patriot said:

Willie what?

Aint but one Willie I would ever miss...wink wink...know what I mean...willy mo pena

Willie has no axe to grind with the Pats, he had nothing but nice things to say about them last night.

He did give some major props to Bill, Parcells that is. And the Cowboys, not the Patriots, got the final chance to match Cleveland's offer.

Money and RAC clearly had everything to do with Wille going to the city by Oil Can's ocean.

Someone asked Willie what Fat Ted Washington weighed right now, and being the consummate teammate that he is, Willie said Ted had been working out and "looks good."

No one asked him what 7-9 is going feel like being hammered into your stiff and battered body come late December. Oh well...

Willie, you're nothing to me now...

Fredo McGinest: "I'm your oldest linebacker, Armen, and I was stepped over!"

Armen Da Corleone: "That's the way Bill wanted it."

Fredo McGinest: "It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!"

Armen Da Corleone: "Willie, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a linebacker, you're not a friend. Being from USC, we never should have trusted you. You or that "North-Dakota-shrimp-kicker-ancestor-of-General-Custer". I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the Blade, I don't want you near my house. When you see Mr. Kraft, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Browns fans are most unhappy with what McGinest had to say :

http://mb25.scout.com/fbrownsinsiderfrm15.showMessage?topicID=56759.topic
I was so excited to see what he would say and he blew it! He basicly came out and said that he wanted to go to Dallas, and he only came to Cleveland because we grossly overpaid for him, while slapping Salley 5...
thumbdown.gif

That sucked!
:rofl: :rofl:

I don't begrudge Willie going for the money. He was a good soldier here for a long time. He restructured his contract several times in order to help the team with cap $$$ and he never demanded the maximum dollars he could have been paid on the open market. And he went to a team which is coached by old friend Romeo (another guy who you can't begrudge taking his shot) and is not a major rival nor in our division. I have no problem at all with him trying to get one big payday before he comes home to sign a one day contract and retire as New England Patriot.

Vinitraitor, on the other hand... go kick yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes