PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

''Willie McGinest Is On Jim Rome Is Buring''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Willie is on Jim Rome Is Burning right now.

Haterproof said:
Willie is on Jim Rome Is Burning right now.
He is a frequent guest of Rome, at least on the radio. What did he say?

Wow you guys are fast. Just finished watching the interview. Willie was straight class all the way. Said nothing but great things about the team, the ownership, the organization and fans here. Also said he is motivated to try to help the Browns, etc. Taking straight business approach, no extra curriculars, etc. Man, we're gonna miss him. Well, at least I am. Good luck in Cleveland, Willie!

shirtsleeve said:
Wow you guys are fast. Just finished watching the interview. Willie was straight class all the way. Said nothing but great things about the team, the ownership, the organization and fans here. Also said he is motivated to try to help the Browns, etc. Taking straight business approach, no extra curriculars, etc. Man, we're gonna miss him. Well, at least I am. Good luck in Cleveland, Willie!
I think we all are..good luck to him!!! A straight shooter..and a locker room presence..

Last edited:
He said that he still has a tremedous amount of respect for the entire Pats organization.He also said that there was miscummunicaton problems.Willie thinks the Pats are the team to beat next year.He said''Those guys are back hungry''.''Brady and Bill how could you go wrong.

He also said Cleveland was a good team : "They were 3 or 4 games out of just being 10 and 6 instead of 6 and 10 last year, so they're close". :D

ya

Good interview, true professional! Rome kept grilling him and trying to get him to say something about what happend but willie stuck to his guns and took the high road. One thing that was interesting is that he said that the pats said they intended on bringing him back and wanted him to stay----just lack of communication is what lead to his departure.

Rome always does the best interviews (at least on the national level) and i love his show---nice to see willie, too bad it won't be in a pats uniform!

Willie's the man. He's a Long Beach boy like myself. Will always be one of my favorite Patriots. Hope he tears it up in Clevaland.

Part of the reason he got a big contract from Romeo is that he IS the consummate professional.

It would be a bit hard to act that role in the Browns clubhouse after going out to the media and bashing his former team (even if he did feel that way - which I doubt he does).

There is NEVER a downside to taking the high road. I wish more people in the real world would realize this.

Glad to hear that Willie is being a class act. Unlike Adam, there won't be a * by his name in my book when he retires.

I hope to see him sign a final contract with the Pats post-Cleveland and then retire as a Pat, Otis Smythe style.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I hope to see him sign a final contract with the Pats post-Cleveland and then retire as a Pat, Otis Smythe style.

Agreed...Willie IS a class act and will always be. Hope to see you back for the retirement ceremony.

JoeSixPat said:
There is NEVER a downside to taking the high road. I wish more people in the real world would realize this.
Well said...I wish others would follow his example!!!

mtbykr said:
Good interview, true professional! Rome kept grilling him and trying to get him to say something about what happend but willie stuck to his guns and took the high road. One thing that was interesting is that he said that the pats said they intended on bringing him back and wanted him to stay----just lack of communication is what lead to his departure.

Rome always does the best interviews (at least on the national level) and i love his show---nice to see willie, too bad it won't be in a pats uniform!

I agree great interview and willie really had to repeatedly take the high road when Rome was basically pleading with him to say something controversial. Thank you for all of your hard work and great memories here, I wish that both sides could have gotten things done for you to stay.
I do not agree that Rome does good interviews and I can hardly stand his show his show. he is a propoganda machine and just tries throwing out crazy headlines (like the thing on an ex giant saying something about bonds after the willie interview, which turned out being nothing at all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back