PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie McGinest does not back down from gun fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

amhunt2

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Today on ESPN Radio, Marcellus Wiley (filling with with Jason Smith on The Doug Gottlieb Show) was asked about the presence of guns/weapons in the life of a professional athlete.

Marcellus went on to tell the story of how he and his buddies were out drinking one night. Wiley and his buddies were trying to leave a parking lot, filled with cars. He and his entourage were leaving the club and were stuck in the traffic jam. His buddies left the car and then talked to a girl who had an angry/jealous boyfriend. While Wiley's buddies mouthed off, this boyfriend went back to his car and got a gun. He then proceeded to walk straight to the driver's side door of the car (which Wiley was driving).

Then, while Wiley was thinking he was about to get shot, WILLIE MCGINEST comes in and shoves the gun-wielding man away and says, "Back off, he's a friend. He's a player." Willie must have known this guy and was able to avoid the confrontation. Marcellus then thanked Willie on-air for preventing him from getting shot.

It was a good story, and Willie McGinest has some brass cajones to shove gangsters with guns. What a stud.

Yes he IS a stud and could still probably play better than Burghess at DE.

Today on ESPN Radio, Marcellus Wiley (filling with with Jason Smith on The Doug Gottlieb Show) was asked about the presence of guns/weapons in the life of a professional athlete.

Marcellus went on to tell the story of how he and his buddies were out drinking one night. Wiley and his buddies were trying to leave a parking lot, filled with cars. He and his entourage were leaving the club and were stuck in the traffic jam. His buddies left the car and then talked to a girl who had an angry/jealous boyfriend. While Wiley's buddies mouthed off, this boyfriend went back to his car and got a gun. He then proceeded to walk straight to the driver's side door of the car (which Wiley was driving).

Then, while Wiley was thinking he was about to get shot, WILLIE MCGINEST comes in and shoves the gun-wielding man away and says, "Back off, he's a friend. He's a player." Willie must have known this guy and was able to avoid the confrontation. Marcellus then thanked Willie on-air for preventing him from getting shot.

It was a good story, and Willie McGinest has some brass cajones to shove gangsters with guns. What a stud.
When you run with Snoop Dog, you know gangsters, er, excuse me, gangstas.

Willie is easily one of my favorite players ever for off the field stuff.

Brady told a story on air once about a autograph even after the first super bowl. McGinest noticed that some guy with armloads of stuff to get signed (clearly someone who would be reselling) had cut in line in front of a number of parents/kids who had been waiting. Willie told the entire rest of the players who were signing and told them all to refuse to sign for the guy.

He left with no autographs.

One of my all-time favorite Patriots. I had heard of the Super Bowl story, but didn't know if it was actually true.

In any case, I'm sure the league will review this incident and find a way to take our next 11 draft picks...guilt by association and all.

But can he shoot the passer?

I come from the hood myself. I be representin' Scituate, and dose types of confrontations were happenin' all the time dere for rizzle.

i think willie was is the type of guy that had everybody's respect. thats why he was such a huge locker room presence. there is nobody he wouldnt confront if he had to.

I love Willie McGinest, one of my favorite Patriots, favorite being Troy Brown. I'll always remember two of his plays, the stop at the one yard line against the Colts, and the blocked punt that he thought ended the play but the other team picked up the ball and ran it in for a touch down.

I come from the hood myself. I be representin' Scituate, and dose types of confrontations were happenin' all the time dere for rizzle.

That night at the Barker Tavern when the guy was waving his BlackBerry at you because the valet took your car first and I said hey put that thing away before somebody gets hurt. You still owe me a glass of Chianti dog.

When you run with Snoop Dog, you know gangsters, er, excuse me, gangstas.

IIRC hes from Long Beach, CA which is not exactly Exeter, NH.

So a group of drunk guys hit on some strangers gf in a parking lot, the BF is the "jelous" type (I guess we'd all be cool with Marcelus and his entourage hitting on our GF's), and goes at them with a gun. Willie, who's the buddy of this gun toting jelous BF, stops his friend, and somehow, Willie has cajones. Um, maybe Willie just knew the guy is more like it.

Really? I'm from Scituate too. :rocker:

So a group of drunk guys hit on some strangers gf in a parking lot, the BF is the "jelous" type (I guess we'd all be cool with Marcelus and his entourage hitting on our GF's), and goes at them with a gun. Willie, who's the buddy of this gun toting jelous BF, stops his friend, and somehow, Willie has cajones. Um, maybe Willie just knew the guy is more like it.

At first I thought you were making fun of a spelling error ("jelous"), but it does not exist. Then I thought you might be just a Willie hater, but there is no such thing.

You seem angry, and I'm not sure why. Willie is the son of man and the beast of all creatures. Why you seem offended escapes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots