PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie Mac wants back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen if he can run. If so, it's a no brainer.

Second time we've heard he wants back this offseason. I don't see BB doin too much more than keeping him first on the list for a call if:
a. woods/crable disapoint
b. injuries occur

At the same time, tears welled up in my eyes as I read this...please please God, let this happen!!!

This has got to be one of the most well thought out posts I've seen in a few weeks or longer. I agree with everything you said about Willie Mac and Ty, two players that I still love dearly for what they did while in NE.

I really don't want to see Willie Mac in a Patriots jersey, though. Why get rid of Vrabel to bring him back? It makes no sense from and X's and O's standpoint. He's lost more than a step and is a shell of himself. I really don't think he'll get picked up by anyone and should try to get into the broadcasting game if it isn't too late. He's got charisma and football smarts.

He's got a lot going for him. A production company with Snoop (childhood friends). And, the last few postseasons has been an NFL Network playoff, player corespondent. Each year the full-time guys have picked him as their favorite.

How is he at analysing games and interviewing people though? Phase 2 would at least require those basic skills if Phase 2 is broadcasting(I assume).

You apparently don't get the NFL Network...he's amazing!

Macky's back in town?

watch out Miss Lotte Lenya...and ol' Lucy Brown

I wouldn't mind him hanging around to be honest. He might just come in handy come the playoffs.

I think there may be another factor in play that I haven't seen mentioned. That is the 'John Lynch factor'. I think BB may well be very reluctant to bring another older vet into camp like Lynch, give him every opportunity to make the team, and then have it not work out. Just speculation!!

He's got a lot going for him. A production company with Snoop (childhood friends). And, the last few postseasons has been an NFL Network playoff, player corespondent. Each year the full-time guys have picked him as their favorite.

I hear you.

Guys who had their chance(s) to play here and go out on top but made other considered choices...

Lawyer
Ty Law (got several chances)
Willie
The Twig (whose real name shall never be spoken)
The Vinitrator

Had they stayed, they would have contributed to a remarkable franchise winning streak, probably added another ring or so and gone out with many media and industry connections worth a fine post football carreer. Instead, they all chose to abandon the Patriot Way and go for ephemeral short term personal gains. Willie et. al. made their choices, let them live with the consequences.

That said, I'm not against any of them, excepting the perfidious Twig, coming back for a day to retire with honor as a Patriot.

I trust BB to bring him back if he can contribute in any way,and he (BB) doesn't believe so he wont.Simple as that,IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back