PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie Andrews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
In the quick notes in Reiss' blog BB said that Andrews was his beste coverage man. Does he mean special teams or pass coverage?

Poll said:
In the quick notes in Reiss' blog BB said that Andrews was his beste coverage man. Does he mean special teams or pass coverage?

I was nearly positive he meant ST coverage.

Chad Jackson has been great at "bench" coverage.

Poll said:

If he meant pass coverage, I would think (or hope) that he would have had him out there last week instead of Sanders.

Poll said:
"EXTRA POINTS: Belichick explained that the team has been practicing without pads this week, partially because the team has had three physical games in a row. …The Patriots must prepare for the no-huddle offense, which is part of the Bengals’ attack. … Belichick called rookie Willie Andrews one of the Patriots’ best special teams coverage players at this point. ... The Patriots will practice inside the Dana Farber Fieldhouse today."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Last edited:
brady2brown said:
EXTRA POINTS: Belichick explained that the team has been practicing without pads this week, partially because the team has had three physical games in a row. …The Patriots must prepare for the no-huddle offense, which is part of the Bengals’ attack. … Belichick called rookie Willie Andrews one of the Patriots’ best special teams coverage players at this point. ... The Patriots will practice inside the Dana Farber Fieldhouse today.

Posted By: mreiss

Aha, he edited. Now it;s clear. Thx.

Poll said:
no brainer, if he meant pass coverage he'd be playing.

he's meaning a gunner

Last edited:
MrBigglesWorth said:
no brainer, if he meant pass coverage he'd be playing.

he's meaning a gunner
Not just gunner, he has been a force on the KO coverage unit - which makes me wonder if Miller has been deliberately placing the ball on Andrews' side of the field...sigh more homework.

I didn't think Andrews was the best pass cover guy on Baylor last year. I'm relieved he meant ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots