PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie Andrews ST Plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Have'nt seen this mentioned, but I seem to remember Andrews making a couple of very nice tackles on special teams. Is this true, or am I brain damaged?

CrazyDave said:
Have'nt seen this mentioned, but I seem to remember Andrews making a couple of very nice tackles on special teams. Is this true, or am I brain damaged?
I'm inclined to think both in this case. :D

Andrews was the speed/contain man on the left side of the coverage (Hobbs works the other side), he made one nice tackle I saw, and had another nice play turning the returner back into a tackle. I'll be looking for him as I work some tape.

Kind of funny how we brought in several guys to shore up our ST's, but this kid is the one making plays.

I saw, at least two where he ran right down the field and plowed into the returned at the 20 yard line. Good job by Willie.

CrazyDave said:
Kind of funny how we brought in several guys to shore up our ST's, but this kid is the one making plays.
Well, two are on IR, so I can't take any shots at them - I was pleased with the teams yesterday, Miller booted some good ones and there wasn't much in the way of returns from Buffalo, good KO coverage with one exception (pretty darned good considering how good Buffalo usually is), KRs were a little disappointing, but again it was against one of the better STs teams so I'll settle for being beyond the 20 each time. Even BB had good to say about it, give them some more seasoning and 'oh baby'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back