PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie Andrews ran a 4.38 at the combine

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
His measurables: 4.38 40, 36.5'' vertical, 7 reps, 10'4'' broad jump, 4.27 ss, 11.65 ls, 6.99 3c.

i was hoping for Gerrick McPhearson a little earlier because he has a 4.21 at Maryland and has a lot of upside.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Andrews ran a 4.43 at the combine, but worse, ran a 4.31 short shuttle which indicates that Andrews is all straight line speed.

I must admit that I like Andrews attitude, too short, too small to be a big hitter. A real underdog that relishes the role. He has come back from adversity and has apparently turned his life around.

Mark Morse said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Andrews ran a 4.43 at the combine, but worse, ran a 4.31 short shuttle which indicates that Andrews is all straight line speed.

I must admit that I like Andrews attitude, too short, too small to be a big hitter. A real underdog that relishes the role. He has come back from adversity and has apparently turned his life around.

Morse,
My source is Pro Football Weekly, which I consider reliable.

Last edited:
Whoever your source is may have taken the average of his times, and not the fastest time.

Remix 6 said:
i was hoping for Gerrick McPhearson a little earlier because he has a 4.21 at Maryland and has a lot of upside.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that time's obviously a little overexaggerated. McPhearson ran a 4.4 officially.

And Willie Andrews did run a 4.38 at the combine.

drew4008 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that time's obviously a little overexaggerated. McPhearson ran a 4.4 officially.

Drew -
Its not exaggerated. I know that McPhearson only ran a 4.42 at the combine, but he did run a 4.21 at Maryland. It was an official timing prior to the draft. Also, McPhearson ran a 4.36 -40 with a 6.65 3 cone at his Pro-Day.

DaBruinz said:
PonyExpress -
Mark's numbers are the correct numbers in this case.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=11880
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/andrews_willie

Pro Football Weekly uses individual Scouts for their info many times. They don't necessarily use the OFFICIAL times.

DaBruinz,
At the bottom of nfldraftscout.com combine number pages it says "there are no official times". The listed times are a matter of judgment according to the publication, who get times from the scouts they trust. ProFootballWeekly is as trustworthy as any publication.

Pony -
Could you please provide the link to this combine numbers page. This is what it says at the bottom of each of the Position PROSPECT pages.

NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM said:
-Official Combine Numbers. Pre-combine data reflect Campus Agility Testing.
-Player Ratings are based on Scout Sheet data imput and current readiness for the NFL.
-Recent injuries may reflect in a players overall grade.
-Rankings will change without notice.

Sorry, but ProFootballWeekly makes mistakes all the time.

Anyways, the kid is fast. And it looks like its JUST straight line fast since he actually had one of the slower 3-cone and slower short shuttles, out of any of the kick returners. Most of the 3 cone times for KRs ranged in the 6.69-6.89 and most of the short shuttles ranged in 4.0-4.2 range.

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
Pony -
So, you chose to ignore NFL.com? Ok. So be it.

Sorry, but ProFootballWeekly makes mistakes all the time.

Anyways, the kid is fast. And it looks like its JUST straight line fast since he actually had one of the slower 3-cone and slower short shuttles, out of any of the kick returners. Most of the 3 cone times for KRs ranged in the 6.69-6.89 and most of the short shuttles ranged in 4.0-4.2 range.

Very true, his agility seems to be lacking. One interesting thing about Andrews is that his coach at Baylor is Guy Moriss, the former Patriot center from TCU who coached here in 1988. He seems very high on Andrews (as should be expected). http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/043006aac.html

Last edited:
You guys,

D'ya think any of what you're talking about really matters?

... Or that any of the rest of us suppose that ... any of what you're talking about really matters?

Then why take the trouble to post? Go to the political forum and talk about saving the whales.

DaBruinz said:
Drew -
Its not exaggerated. I know that McPhearson only ran a 4.42 at the combine, but he did run a 4.21 at Maryland. It was an official timing prior to the draft. Also, McPhearson ran a 4.36 -40 with a 6.65 3 cone at his Pro-Day.
And DeAngelo Hall ran a 4.19 at VT... and Michael Vick ran a 4.2 something in the last couple years with the Falcons... yea right.

I don't believe any of these... the combine is the only official professionally timed 40 yard dash time.

PonyExpress said:
Then why take the trouble to post? Go to the political forum and talk about saving the whales.

Well, PX, sorry i found you irascible.

But i tuned in to a thread to see what it was about ...
and found some guys arguing about other people's stopwatches.
A waste of MY time ... but evidently not of yours.

Political forum? Whales?
I think enough of your other contributions to the board
to bother to ask ... what are u talking about?

flutie2phelan said:
Well, PX, sorry i found you irascible.

But i tuned in to a thread to see what it was about ...
and found some guys arguing about other people's stopwatches.
A waste of MY time ... but evidently not of yours.

Political forum? Whales?
I think enough of your other contributions to the board
to bother to ask ... what are u talking about?

Sorry:) ... I apologize for my behavior, but this is the time of day I usually refer to as "Francona Time"... it's like the witching hour. It turns normally sane men into crazed maniacs, and lasts from 7:15 to 10:30 pm. I think I need to seek treatment.:bricks:

Last edited:
My personal preference is NFLDraftScout's Dave Te' Thomas and Rob Rang as oppossed to Pro Football Weekly and Nawrocki.

Andrews average per punt return is not great. He had a terrific career at Baylor. BB puts stock into players that have proven it over a number of years.

As I said, I like Andrews as a feel good story. He just might come into camp with something to prove. Could this be another David Givens type story? Played for a bad team. Was overlooked in the draft. Has a big chip on his shoulder when he gets to camp?

I have been happy with my source and found them to be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes