PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie Anderson...what's taking you so damn long

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Man... I know the guy supposedly has several offers, but I'd have though he'd want to get in with a new team and hopefully be ready for game 1.

I'm still hoping he wants to come to the Pats..

Re: Willie Anderson..... what's taking you so damn long

I don't think that is happening..

I don't think that is happening..

Well, its pretty obvious he's not signing for game 1. As for coming to the Pats. Who knows.

Man... I know the guy supposedly has several offers, but I'd have though he'd want to get in with a new team and hopefully be ready for game 1.

Can't say I have followed what is going on with him but if he is looking to maximize his $, waiting for injuries to increase his leverage is probably more important than being ready for week 1.

Anderson has narrowed his choices down to three teams and Tampa Bay has the edge right now since they have more cap space than the other two teams

The Patriots are NOT either of the other two teams ,so quit dreaming

Anderson has narrowed his choices down to three teams and Tampa Bay has the edge right now since they have more cap space than the other two teams

Are you his agent? If not, then how the hell do you know a damn thing?

And its not dreaming to think that a RT looking for good money and a starting job would want to come to a championship calibre team.

The Patriots could provide all 3 to him.

I'm with you - I'd like to see the team show interest in him. One way to shore up the line would be to bring Anderson in at RT and move Kaczur over to RG. That's a lot of moving parts and a lot of adjustment, but it has the highest upside of any possible combination. Kaczur did not look himself at RT in the preseason and RG is a question mark. I read some questioning of whether Anderson would fit in a zone blocking scheme, but it's worth a chance, IMO.

Last edited:

Bit harsh. Pats have a history of "not being interested" and then swooping in on a guy. And RT is the clear weak link on offense, so who knows what could happen.

Taking this long though, WA is probably looking to maximize a final pay day and is off to the highest bidder, so the Pats likely aren't in it.

But to say there is no chance and quit dreaming, given the history of the Patriots FA signings, is ignorant. Also, it's a little bit douchey.

Last edited:

I will personally drive to Logan to pick Willie up and load his bags in the trunk.

He was in TB yesterday and it's been quiet so far today...if nothing gets done there the Chargers are trying to bring him in and is the last of the 3 teams that are said to be in the running for his services.

I will personally drive to Logan to pick Willie up and load his bags in the trunk.

As long as we don't send Tatum Bell to pick up his bags...:)

I'm still hoping he wants to come to the Pats..
I didn't even know the Pats had him in for a tryout. Are you sure they gave him an offer?

And its not dreaming to think that a RT looking for good money and a starting job would want to come to a championship calibre team.

I know one thing - He is NOT coming to New England for a visit anytime soon

Tomorrow he is scheduled to head to Baltimore and talk about a contract and if he does not find one a Tampa Bay visit is next in line and finally the Chargers want him if the other two don't, I would be shocked if any of those don't sign a deal with this guy

You forget that NOT all players give a sh!t about championships there are more than you know who say its all about the $$$$ - ask any former Patriots player why he left a potential SB team and you know the obvious - more cash offers = more $$$$$

Forget it,Ain't happening - Lets move on to the next guy who gets cut that is signing here :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I know one thing - He is NOT coming to New England for a visit anytime soon

Tomorrow he is scheduled to head to Baltimore and talk about a contract and if he does not find one a Tampa Bay visit is next in line and finally the Chargers want him if the other two don't, I would be shocked if any of those don't sign a deal with this guy

You forget that NOT all players give a sh!t about championships there are more than you know who say its all about the $$$$ - ask any former Patriots player why he left a potential SB team and you know the obvious - more cash offers = more $$$$$

Forget it,Ain't happening - Lets move on to the next guy who gets cut that is signing here :rolleyes:

Agreed to a 3 yr deal worth $11mil w/the Ravens today: http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbc...st&plckPostId=Blog:c78cbe8a-2b47-436d-a33e-62

There is a league wide quota on ex-Bengals on a team...we have 2 already. Still waiting for one nice,calm,intelligent,or posetive response from you instead of the same old stuff.

That's too much money for a dude his age, though I have to remember the iron clad rule that all Cincy personnel moves are wrong, so ...?

Either way, I'm glad he's not coming here because he's got no interest in winning. the Ravens don't have a chance in the next two years for sure and likely beyond. Maybe he's friends with derrick Mason's wife? the crab cakes are awfully good down there...I'm hope they make up for never getting a single ring of any kind. Of course, Willie can buy all the cakes he wants while I have to cry in my discount beer...:p

Although I initially wanted Anderson, I realized he had next to no shot of coming to New England. The Pats usually go with smaller quicker linemen rather than big beefy linemen. So Anderson probably was never an actual consideration for the Patriots.

Next time do a little research before mouthing off - Every news report had him serously looking at Baltimore FIRST if you bothered to realize that there are more teams than New England to make money on and championships like I said mean crap to A LOT of these guys,if you could read thier minds of what they really want out of thier NFL career you would be shocked,more than half want BIG dollars and if they win a championship great,but its not a failure as long as the money goes their way

- Its a money thing - Only in rare cases like Bruschi,Brady and Moss does winning mean more than the big bucks they could have received elsewhere :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes