PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie, Adam V, and Givens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Don't you all in the New England sports world love the way Willie, Adam V, and Givens praised BB and the Patriots Org/fans, as opposed to guys like Woody, Milloy, and Damon (Sox reference:)). Pure class for the subject 3. When guys like the latter 3 take the money and run, and then cry that they were disrespected and all that crap, it makes them look like fools. Plus, they get booed when they come back. Fans aren't stupid!!!

Nice to see the class.

Absolutely - from the players. Can't say that a what I believe is a small segment of the fan base is handling the departures with quite as much class. But I guess that's just human nature, just like with certain players. ;)

Bostonian1962 said:
Don't you all in the New England sports world love the way Willie, Adam V, and Givens praised BB and the Patriots Org/fans, as opposed to guys like Woody, Milloy, and Damon (Sox reference:)). Pure class for the subject 3. When guys like the latter 3 take the money and run, and then cry that they were disrespected and all that crap, it makes them look like fools. Plus, they get booed when they come back. Fans aren't stupid!!!

Nice to see the class.

I think Givens pushed the envelope on this one - he said something to the effect that he wasn't being utilized to his potential in NE, it came across like he didn't appreciate the opportunity he was given here.

Well, Givens figures he can be a legit number 1 reciever and is anxious to test that. I apprecaite that he was honest enough to say that he left for more money, not for more love. (Though I always look at them as interchangeble in contract negotions.)

richpats said:
I think Givens pushed the envelope on this one - he said something to the effect that he wasn't being utilized to his potential in NE, it came across like he didn't appreciate the opportunity he was given here.

That's a good point, but at least he didn't trash the team. I think he's going to find he had things pretty well here, and realize the team helped him become who he is as a player. Ditto Ashworth.

Givens

I agree. I don't think Givens is a primary receiver.:cool:

rabthepat said:
I agree. I don't think Givens is a primary receiver.:cool:
Even if he is, it won't matter if there's a rookie QB trying to get him the ball....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back