Welcome to PatsFans.com

William Moore Interview

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by ice, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ice

ice Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Even though he slid out of round one, he's still on my board.

When asked what his greatest strength was, and what areas he needs to work on, his answer pretty much sums up the player I've seen:

3. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm sure I'll hear disagreement, but to me he's still the guy I think will end up being the best safety in this draft. He was great his whole career, then he got banged up and played out of position and had something of a down year, but he's a player.Getting him at 58 would be a steal.
  4. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 0 / -1

It's possible. William Moore as a junior was possibly the best college safety I've seen in the past 5 years. It's possible that a good bit of his drop this past year was due to a combination of injuries, poor use by the Mizzou staff, and being overweight. On the other hand, he seems to lack some fundamentals. I think he's probably somewhere in-between his great junior year and his lousy senior year.
  5. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

He blatantly lies in the first question. If he ran a 4.4 he would be going in the top 15
  6. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

He may very well be able to run a 4.4. I think the combine times for the DB's are whacked.

However if he runs a 4.4, I do not think he will be available at 58.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  7. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

William Moore has slipped a lot down my draft board. But he's not out of consideration as a safety. It's just that there are other safeties who have stepped up that look better right now (Delmas, Chung, etc.). If we don't go safety in FA, we'll definitely draft one. In BB we trust.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  8. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

When healthy in 2007 he made a ton of big plays. In 2008 he played hurt and gets downgraded.

Next year does he return to 2007 form as a healthy player? If the reward worth the gamble?
  9. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

I honestly don't know. He looked like a world beater in 2007. But he has had poor showings leading up to the draft. He did not impress in Senior Bowl or all that much at the Combine. Who is the real William Moore?

Another player that I'm thinking of that may have slipped is Malcolm Jenkins. He 'only' ran a 4.55 40 as a CB which is sluggish for that position. However he posted an excellent 3 cone time of 6.59 and a pretty good shuttle of 4.07 while measuring in at 6'1 201 lbs.

Malcolm Jenkins Scouting Report - 2009 NFL Draft Prospect

It is POSSIBLE he might slip all the way to 23. I'm not saying probable, but possible. IF he does, will the Pats consider taking him as a CB/S tweener prospect?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.