PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

William Moore Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though he slid out of round one, he's still on my board.

When asked what his greatest strength was, and what areas he needs to work on, his answer pretty much sums up the player I've seen:

My greatest strength is my overall athleticism. The area I'm in need of improvement is my fundamentals.

I'm sure I'll hear disagreement, but to me he's still the guy I think will end up being the best safety in this draft. He was great his whole career, then he got banged up and played out of position and had something of a down year, but he's a player.Getting him at 58 would be a steal.

I'm sure I'll hear disagreement, but to me he's still the guy I think will end up being the best safety in this draft. He was great his whole career, then he got banged up and played out of position and had something of a down year, but he's a player.Getting him at 58 would be a steal.

It's possible. William Moore as a junior was possibly the best college safety I've seen in the past 5 years. It's possible that a good bit of his drop this past year was due to a combination of injuries, poor use by the Mizzou staff, and being overweight. On the other hand, he seems to lack some fundamentals. I think he's probably somewhere in-between his great junior year and his lousy senior year.

He blatantly lies in the first question. If he ran a 4.4 he would be going in the top 15

He blatantly lies in the first question. If he ran a 4.4 he would be going in the top 15

He may very well be able to run a 4.4. I think the combine times for the DB's are whacked.

However if he runs a 4.4, I do not think he will be available at 58.

Last edited:
William Moore has slipped a lot down my draft board. But he's not out of consideration as a safety. It's just that there are other safeties who have stepped up that look better right now (Delmas, Chung, etc.). If we don't go safety in FA, we'll definitely draft one. In BB we trust.

Last edited:
William Moore has slipped a lot down my draft board. But he's not out of consideration as a safety. It's just that there are other safeties who have stepped up that look better right now (Delmas, Chung, etc.). If we don't go safety in FA, we'll definitely draft one. In BB we trust.

When healthy in 2007 he made a ton of big plays. In 2008 he played hurt and gets downgraded.

Next year does he return to 2007 form as a healthy player? If the reward worth the gamble?

When healthy in 2007 he made a ton of big plays. In 2008 he played hurt and gets downgraded.

Next year does he return to 2007 form as a healthy player? If the reward worth the gamble?

I honestly don't know. He looked like a world beater in 2007. But he has had poor showings leading up to the draft. He did not impress in Senior Bowl or all that much at the Combine. Who is the real William Moore?

Another player that I'm thinking of that may have slipped is Malcolm Jenkins. He 'only' ran a 4.55 40 as a CB which is sluggish for that position. However he posted an excellent 3 cone time of 6.59 and a pretty good shuttle of 4.07 while measuring in at 6'1 201 lbs.

Malcolm Jenkins Scouting Report - 2009 NFL Draft Prospect

It is POSSIBLE he might slip all the way to 23. I'm not saying probable, but possible. IF he does, will the Pats consider taking him as a CB/S tweener prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes