PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will you watch the final preseason game?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you plan to watch the Pats/Giants game this week?

• Yes - I watch EVERY game

Votes: 64 65.3%
  • Yes, but only the first quarter or first half

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • If I've got nothing else to do

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to go for #1. I know I shouldn't watch because nothing pretty is going to happen, but I can't help myself!

I'll watch most of it I'm sure...at least the first half. Pats fan, living in NJ, I watch whenever and whatever I can.

"I like you Joker, but I must disagree. I hate the preseason, but more importantly I hate seeing the Giants (still). I couldn't handle seeing the inevitable SB highlights. I still have NEVER seen one.

I know, I'm sad."

No you're not sad, I agree with you 1,000%; why torture yourself with all the crowd shots of those tools wearing their super bowl champions hats, tee shirts that read "18 wins and one GIANT loss" (I've seen enough of those to last a lifetime) and all the highlights of and references to the Super Bowl (they show the Tyree effin catch at least 900 times and Goober with his super bowl champions hat on holding up the trophy).

I'd rather watch a chick flick movie marathon with my eyes taped open than two seconds of this game.

Giants better hope karma doesn't bite them in the ass in the form of injuries tonight.

I had to go for #1. I know I shouldn't watch because nothing pretty is going to happen, but I can't help myself!

agreed its thursday and not to many things on tonight why not at least have it on

Now that the game has started I know this thread has pretty much outlived its usefulness, but I just wanted to put in one final word.

I used to love the preseason. You got to see the "star" players along with a bunch of other guys, who knows, maybe you would see the next breakout star. Plus there was an air of experimentation, because coaches would try out stuff they usually wouldn't do in a regular season game. And the league would try different stuff, like the modern replay system, etc.

"I don't care if they won't be on the roster in a month," I used to tell people. "Tonight they're playing for my team so tonight I support them as much as the regular players."

But over the last couple years it hit me - preseason games aren't really "games" at all, they're just glorified practices. If I were commissioner for a day I might even change the term to "preseason scrimmages", except that it's not really a scrimmage with full pads and full contact. Yes, you always want to win, but it's not the same. The regular guys aren't giving it their all because they know it doesn't matter what you do. The back-ups try harder but just don't have as much talent (if they did, maybe they'd be starting.) And there's no consistency because of the constantly shifting line-ups. The coaches want to see who works well together so they rotate guys in and out. A team can't gel like that.

So I probably will watch the replay on NFL Network sometime this weekend, but mainly because I can't bear to know there's Pats football on TV and I'm not watching it. (Unless I've already seen it.)

Thank you.

I like you Joker, but I must disagree. I hate the preseason, but more importantly I hate seeing the Giants (still). I couldn't handle seeing the inevitable SB highlights. I still have NEVER seen one.

I know, I'm sad.

Since we are watching the Pats-produced version of the game, thankfully there are no such highlights nor any mentions of "that game." However, with the way we are playing, I am not sure which would be worse to watch.

One final thing - just for the record, I thought the game was FRIDAY night.

Which makes me wonder why I wasn't confused when I saw the official game thread last night, and then when I mentioned in the post above that the game had started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes