PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will you take LT for the right price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure would....

No thanks. People dog him for not playing Sunday while Rivers did. I don't look at it that way. What I saw was someone who was completely disconnected from his teammates and didn't seem to care about the outcome.

If he did care, and if he was much of a leader at all, he would have been involved in the game. He would have talked to Michael Turner after each series, he would have offered observations that as a perennial all-pro he SHOULD have. He would have led.

Instead he sulked on the sidelines. In other words, business as usual. He is in no way a Patriots type player.

Last edited:
From what I've been reading on chargers forums, it appears LT will demand a trade sooner or later because he wants a ring and realize he will not be getting one in San Diego anytime soon.

Nonsense. The Chargers were one game away from the Superbowl. The team is in position to be very successful over the next few years.

From what I've been reading on chargers forums, it appears LT will demand a trade sooner or later because he wants a ring and realize he will not be getting one in San Diego anytime soon. So my question is, do we take LT for the right price, meaning his willing to take cuts/etc to play here?

No thanks.
We can get the same production for half the price and without the whiny ***** emo bull****.

Edit: Not to mention he's gonna be pushing the wrong side of 30 very shortly. For a RB, 30 is pretty much the magic number.

Last edited:
the kicker was watching a comcast show '50 greatest tds' last night and seeing / comparing a couple of Barry Sanders TD runs to LTs runs. No comparison - Barry was just something incredibly awesome - running through dancing around folks and heading to end zone.

Barry still has the best stop on a dime and make people miss moves of any back I have seen, but what makes LT better than Barry is he has close to that type make people miss ability and runs with much more power than Barry did. LT is also a bigger receiving threat than Barry was and also a better blocker.

No thanks.
We can get the same production for half the price and without the whiny ***** emo bull****.

Edit: Not to mention he's gonna be pushing the wrong side of 30 very shortly. For a RB, 30 is pretty much the magic number.

RBs wear out quickly and he's been at it for 6 or 7 years. That's a lot of pounding (see Shaun Alexander). People will point to his rushing title this year, but he won that by default because Willie Parker got hurt.

RBs wear out quickly and he's been at it for 6 or 7 years. That's a lot of pounding (see Shaun Alexander).

LT is a different kind of runner than Alexander. Alexander takes a lot more hits and punishment when he runs. LT should be effective for longer than the typical back.

I would take Adrian Peterson in a split second over an older and torn up LT - to me AP is a future yearly All Pro RB for the next 5 years or more if he avoids injury - LT is getting near the twilight of his brilliant career.

LT is a different kind of runner than Alexander. Alexander takes a lot more hits and punishment when he runs. LT should be effective for longer than the typical back.

Meh.....not buyin it. But we'll see.

Last edited:
I would take Adrian Peterson in a split second over an older and torn up LT - to me AP is a future yearly All Pro RB for the next 5 years or more if he avoids injury - LT is getting near the twilight of his brilliant career.

While Adrian Peterson is good, he's nowhere near as good as LT. He's more a product of his offensive line. Even so, teams learned how to stop him at the end of the season by bringing an extra man or two down from coverage and challenging the Vikings to beat them by passing.

While Adrian Peterson is good, he's nowhere near as good as LT. He's more a product of his offensive line. Even so, teams learned how to stop him at the end of the season by bringing an extra man or two down from coverage and challenging the Vikings to beat them by passing.

Yes. Did you see how Adrian finished the season once teams figured out how to defend him?

week 13 - 3 yards
week 14 - 78 yards
week 15 - 27 yards
week 16 - 36 yards

Yes. Did you see how Adrian finished the season once teams figured out how to defend him?

week 13 - 3 yards
week 14 - 78 yards
week 15 - 27 yards
week 16 - 36 yards

Imagine if they had been doing that to him since week 1 like every team the Chargers have faced have been doing to LT. If they were, his numbers would be horrible right now. Tomlinson has been facing 8 and 9 men in the box since week 1 this season and leads the league in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns.

Oh if only he could warm our bench in next year's AFCCG if only. :p

No thanks.

Its too early to know how good Peterson is but another couple years will tell...I think he will become a great one

Its too early to know how good Peterson is but another couple years will tell...I think he will become a great one

I wouldn't want him as my teams running back because he sacrifices his body too much, leading to injuries. He needs to learn to go down more often instead of trying to leap over defenders and fighting for every yard. Only on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, or goal line situations should he fight that hard, otherwise I'm predicting that his career will be very short.

Oh if only he could warm our bench in next year's AFCCG if only. :p

No thanks.

If only he could have 1815 rushing yards, 508 receiving yards, 28 rushing touchdowns, 3 receiving touchdowns, and two throwing touchdowns in a single season. Wait a minute, he did! Who wouldn't want a running back like that on their team. The guy wins us games in the regular season, so I don't hold his performance this year in the post season against him, a leg injury for a running back is like a injury to the throwing arm of a quarterback.

I wouldn't want him as my teams running back because he sacrifices his body too much, leading to injuries. He needs to learn to go down more often instead of trying to leap over defenders and fighting for every yard. Only on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, or goal line situations should he fight that hard, otherwise I'm predicting that his career will be very short.

Yeah, he might even play with a strained tendon. :D

PFnV

If only he could have 1815 rushing yards, 508 receiving yards, 28 rushing touchdowns, 3 receiving touchdowns, and two throwing touchdowns in a single season. Wait a minute, he did! Who wouldn't want a running back like that on their team. The guy wins us games in the regular season, so I don't hold his performance this year in the post season against him, a leg injury for a running back is like a injury to the throwing arm of a quarterback.

Did, past tense, being the operative word. He might have already peaked, and be in an Alexandrian swoon. He's never dealt with coming back from injury, and now they'll come more often... playtime is over.

I still think he has years of health left, don't get me wrong, and the Charger's window is about the length of Lady Tom's career.

But it will be interesting to watch how he handles the more "owie" years.

PFnV

If he was dirt cheap maybe.

But after seeing this past pathetic and cowardly performance, as well as his childish behavior when facing any kind of adversity, i'd much rather have Laurence Maroney. I'm not kidding.

I want a guy that wants to win. Not a guy that wants good stats and it's "ok" if he wins in the process.

If he was dirt cheap maybe.

But after seeing this past pathetic and cowardly performance, as well as his childish behavior when facing any kind of adversity, i'd much rather have Laurence Maroney. I'm not kidding.

I want a guy that wants to win. Not a guy that wants good stats and it's "ok" if he wins in the process.

Damn straight.

The fact that he moped on the sidelines instead of interacting with his teammates demonstrated that he's not a team player. It's all about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes