Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will You Cheer or Boo Adam Vinatieri When he returns as a Colt on 11/5/06?

• Cheer: He helped us Win 3 Super Bowls

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Boo: Sell out anybody but the hated Colts

Votes: 55 58.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nescott

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
A thunder Boo for me!!!!!

Last edited:
I won't be there but if I were I would boo him.

I didnt boo Law
I didnt boo Bledsoe or Milloy
I didnt boo any recent Patriot that has left.

I will BOOO Adam Vinatieri. Without a doubt in my mind.

I would love to be there, but it's not happening

I'm going to boo and swear at the tv from where i am tho.

Forget him, he's trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
my response to the colts kicker will be, apathy.

He's a Colt, of course I will BOOO his arse. :explative

Last edited:
Not sure If I will be able to make it but I will be yelling BOO the loudest thanks for the memories he could have gone down in Boston lore, now just plays for the hated Colts have fun losing!!!

In the same way that every season we hear BB and the players telling us that last season's accomplishments don't count for anything this year, and that we're all 0-0, I will put the past behind us and do nothing but cheer for the NE Patriots.

Cheer the first time to show appreciation for what he did for the Patriots. Then for there on out, boo because he went to the Colts.

This thread is now one of I don't know how many asking the same question since our prevoius kicker signed withthe evil ones.

My answer to all of them has been that he is dead to me while he has that Colts uniform on. It does no good to boo a dead person so I will turn my back to him if I'm at a game or watching on TV.

I would love to see all of the fans turn their backs to him at the game. That would send a bigger message than booing. But, some will give him applause.:eek:

desi-patsfan said:
my response to the colts kicker will be, apathy.

I'm with desi-patsfan...screw em, he's history. Just a name now, of a guy that used to be a Patriot. Thanks for the help while you were here but, if ya wanna go, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll cheer him and, quite honestly, I don't understand the animosity some people have for him. He made a decision that was in his best financial interest - kinda like what the Patriots do all the time. I don't begrudge him one bit.

Don't get me wrong... I hope he misses every kick he makes from now on. But what he has done for this franchise cannot be forgotten.

I'd boo and throw my grandmother's Polish evil-eye curse at Vanderjerk every time he took the field, why would I treat Vinatraitor any different? He's a Dolt, I hate the Dolts.

Have we forgotten what it felt like when we watched that ball go through the uprights in 2001?

That was one of the most joyous moments in my life! We waited a very long time for just that moment.
We prayed for it. I remember clinging to my family members as he walked out onto the field. Six or seven of us, all clinging to each other and holding our breath! Then he kicked it through... OH MY GOD HE KICKED IT THROUGH!!! We were all bouncing off the walls after that. tears, joy, and especially, GRATITUDE!

He left gracefully.

I will never boo him!

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
Cheer the first time to show appreciation for what he did for the Patriots. Then for there on out, boo because he went to the Colts.
I think Willie has it right!!!! And that will mean MORE if there is a thunderous cheer the first time and loud boos after....To boo him right off is classless..and to me shows how crass and stupid fans are..

I'll be there but I'm not sure how I'll react. I want it to be spontaneous, not planned. But if I had to guess, I'll say that I'll stare at him silently with a hurt, slightly angry look in my eyes.

I HATE the Colts. Of course I boo the Colts, and that includes any kicker who chooses to be a Colt. We all know he blew off the Pats and didn't bother to let the Pats match the offer.

I will always boo any Colt, that whole organization is rotten and soft.

Adam helped with the first superbowl, and hindered us ever since with pathetic kick-offs and lots of missed kicks in playoff games. OTIS and Brandon Mitchell and Pleasant and Wiggins and Grant Williams and Mike Compton helped way more than any kicker can! I don't see people lining up to cheer those guys, and they deserve it.

belichickaholic said:
Have we forgotten what it felt like when we watched that ball go through the uprights in 2001?
He's been cheered and paid handomely for those moments.

belichickaholic said:
He left gracefully.
By saying he gave the Patriots no opportunity to match the offer ?

:confused:

Patjew said:
I'll be there but I'm not sure how I'll react. I want it to be spontaneous, not planned. But if I had to guess, I'll say that I'll stare at him silently with a hurt, slightly angry look in my eyes.
And I have no doubt he will notice, and go home with a tear in his eye wondering why the guy in Section 350, Row 13, Seat 11 was giving him a hurt, slightly angry look. :D

QuiGon said:
And I have no doubt he will notice, and go home with a tear in his eye wondering why the guy in Section 350, Row 13, Seat 11 was giving him a hurt, slightly angry look. :D
Hey! Who let you into my brain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back