PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will you boo or cheer Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what it is about New York he likes? McCourty said Revis told him all year he really wanted to be in New York. It can't be for the team itself right? Is he talking about the city life and the media attention?

Report: "Revis says he chose the Jets purely on what his heart was telling him and did not follow money. "
I believe him, I think the money was just a coincidence, the Jets wanted to show that they appreciated him very much and he on the other hand thinks he can help the team by taking just a small 12% of the cap money you know.

He played for here for one season and is with the Jets now, cheer him ?????

Can someone tell me what it is about New York he likes? McCourty said Revis told him all year he really wanted to be in New York. It can't be for the team itself right? Is he talking about the city life and the media attention?

He is a god there....top that off with the fact that he wants all his $$$ to be shown as base contract, therefore making him the highest paid corner, it's an ego thing IMHO

Ahhh, he was with us for one year.
This thread is borderline "Will Peyton be remembered as a Bronco?" at the orange mane circa 2013

He will not play. He will hurt his shoulder carrying his money bag around.

I thanked him and braced for his departure months ago, but I can't ignore the fact that he is a Jet. I will cheer for about 5 seconds and then flame away.

I'm sorry.

I am boo'ing the guy the entire time.

Why would I boo Revis for Kraft being too cheap to give him what he is worth?

cheer first time, indifferent after that

boo or cheer???...so confused
....guess I'll just beer him...

Indifferent like he is with loyalty.

Attention, more endorsement deals, big things going on in the city.

IMO Revis should've stayed here for 3 more years, and at 33 I'm sure he could've got one last pretty big contract from the Jets

Cheer..... Because it will piss the Jets and their fans right the f*ck off :D

If I could get close enough, I would throw feces at him

IMO Revis should've stayed here for 3 more years, and at 33 I'm sure he could've got one last pretty big contract from the Jets

I agree. I feel like there are great players and then there are players that are elite. The players that winning championships mean more than anything. Brady, Montana, Michael Irvin etc. Revis could have made history. Maybe I'm behind the times but when did it become normal for elite level players to be ok with 1 ring? like its just something to check off the to do list. I guarantee you Brady is looking at all these changes and he's thinking he'll do anything he has to to carry the team to its 5th Ring. He's chasing history. I just don't understand. I'm just waiting for the media to say the pats aren't in contention just like last year. Brady will win #5 and he'll do it with whatever defense Bill puts together.

And one more thing. shouldn't defending their title be important? They have a chance to go back to back again. That's gotta be important to the competitors.

What bothers me is that people close to Revis openly stated that he longed to go back to the place that drafted him. This is a bit strange due to the fact that they sent him pack after he got hurt. Interestingly, Revis did not attempt to go right back to the Jets. Instead, he made a 1-year stop through New England with the intention of returning to New York.

Ironically, he'll make a ton of money via endorsements. Yeah, Revis the Super Bowl Champion. Funny how the New England Patriots imcreased his value and not the New York Jets. Yeah, let's talk about Revis- the Super Bowl Champion -but never mention those New England Patriots...as though they had nothing to do with it. Yet, he returns to the latter...to "make a lot of noise." Just what the world needs- more noise makers! Of course, in reality, it's to make a lot of money.

Personally, I cannot view Revis as a winner. Rather, he's a business person with a contract to play football, today.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to form a competing NFL team, whilst paying individuals $16M per. More injuries and losing seasons and paychecks. Consider that many of these athletes bring on the fact that they never win anything by themselves. By the time they get paid, there's not enough to field a competitive team. How/why people feel sorry for them, I'll never know. Oh well, I hope New Yorkers are entertained.

I wish we had paid him but he chose the money and the jests. He is
jests at heart. I hope someone pops him on the field.

Revis's life is now a lot simpler. Just show up for work and collect those paychecks. The revisions/stories of such will take place when there are no more contracts. Then we can hear about unfortunate he was getting "stuck" playing in New York...otherwise he would have won more.

So if Butler did not make that interception, was Revis's time wasted? How about the money that the Pats paid Revis? Would that be considered wasted- in this scenario -as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes