PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will you avoid the nightmare flashback as we face the G-Men tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was right there with you, brother. I have never cried over a professional sporting event in my life but I had to walk outside away from my friends (one of whom was a huge Giant fan) and have a good cry by myself. After that, I proceeded to drink myself to levels I had never seen before nor knew existed.

It took me a good year to get over it but I have now. Will I think about it when I see both teams on the field? Sure. But I haven't been thinking about it all day. That's how I know I've recovered. ;)

Heh, yeah, I drank myself stupid in '07 too. Looking back, it was actually pretty dangerous.

Heh, yeah, I drank myself stupid in '07 too. Looking back, it was actually pretty dangerous.

You're telling me. I ended up falling on my back, throwing up, and having it land on my face. My Giants fan friend got pretty drunk as well, only he was drinking in celebration. He ended up walking straight into a porch light outside and shattering it all over his forehead. All because he celebrated to hard, the bastard.

As you watch the game tonight one question comes to mind......Can you refrain from thinking back 2 years ago to what should have been and are you prepared to keep a clean fresh outlook on the upcoming season and forget what those guys in blue tonight line opposite NE did to us in Feb 2008?

I know it wll be tough not to remember the travesty seeing those basturds again :banned:, but we must move on and besides those two bums Plaxico and Tyree the SB killers are gone now ....

I'm actually way past nightmare flashbacks... I'm pretty philosophical about the whole thing.

To whinning. No complaining. We lost. They won.

I take a certain amount of pride knowing that on all the occasions that the shoe was on the other foot, the fans of the other team did - and continue to - do nothing but whine and complain about one call on one play or another.

I'm proud that most Pats fans seem to be taking the same attitude I am.

I finally gathered the courage to watch highlights of it a few days ago. Couldn't sleep later that night. My mental psyche is m ade of glass

I finally gathered the courage to watch highlights of it a few days ago. Couldn't sleep later that night. My mental psyche is m ade of glass

Highlights? HIGHLIGHTS?

You are a brave, brave person.

I was over it when the clock showed 00:00. This is now and that was then.

Pretty simple, the better team won that night!

Get over it!

Last edited:
I was right there with you, brother. I have never cried over a professional sporting event in my life but I had to walk outside away from my friends (one of whom was a huge Giant fan) and have a good cry by myself. After that, I proceeded to drink myself to levels I had never seen before nor knew existed.

It took me a good year to get over it but I have now. Will I think about it when I see both teams on the field? Sure. But I haven't been thinking about it all day. That's how I know I've recovered. ;)

I didn't cry but I had lots of Bills fans dancing circles around me while I was just pretty much a vegitable dead to the world. I smoked a blunt, and crawled into a bottle of Wild Turkey the rest of that night by myself while my voice mail box filled up and my roommates were pounding on my door to rub it in my face.

I'll never get over that game...at least not until they go 19-0 this year.

What was worse than the superbowl loss was the day brady went down, I was at a party at my roommate's gf's place the night before until around 2:30 when this girl I'd been getting with texted me to meet her at a bar, which I did and was there until last call, we then went back to my place and one thing lead to another, drinking the whole time. Its around 6 when I get a call from my buddy "Yo dude I'm outside lets go" I had forgotten that he was treating me to go to the Bills season opener, I wasn't going to pass up a chance to be a **** to Bills fans so I stumble out of bed kick the girl out get dressed and go, not having slept a wink. I proceed to just continue getting drunk at the Bills tailgate parties wearing my Bruschi jersey telling them how much they suck etc. I figured it was no big deal to miss the pats chiefs game because I mean c'mon, its the chiefs. My uncle with season pats tickets was at the game and was texting me updates, at this point I'm starting to get a little tired and miserable since it was raining and I hadn't had a drink or a toke since I got into the Ralph. Around half way through the first I get a text from my uncle "Brady is down, its his knee, its BAD!" and I just feel sick and fall into my chair, about 10 minutes later they play the clip on the jumbotron and the place goes NUTS and everyone starts throwin their beers at me and jeering me and you can bet Ralph Wilson stadium was the last place I wanted to be. I got home from the game later watched the highlight of the pats game and fell asleep for about a day woke up and wished it was all a dream then I turned on sports center and came back to reality

What was worse than the superbowl loss was the day brady went down, I was at a party at my roommate's gf's place the night before until around 2:30 when this girl I'd been getting with texted me to meet her at a bar, which I did and was there until last call, we then went back to my place and one thing lead to another, drinking the whole time. Its around 6 when I get a call from my buddy "Yo dude I'm outside lets go" I had forgotten that he was treating me to go to the Bills season opener, I wasn't going to pass up a chance to be a **** to Bills fans so I stumble out of bed kick the girl out get dressed and go, not having slept a wink. I proceed to just continue getting drunk at the Bills tailgate parties wearing my Bruschi jersey telling them how much they suck etc. I figured it was no big deal to miss the pats chiefs game because I mean c'mon, its the chiefs. My uncle with season pats tickets was at the game and was texting me updates, at this point I'm starting to get a little tired and miserable since it was raining and I hadn't had a drink or a toke since I got into the Ralph. Around half way through the first I get a text from my uncle "Brady is down, its his knee, its BAD!" and I just feel sick and fall into my chair, about 10 minutes later they play the clip on the jumbotron and the place goes NUTS and everyone starts throwin their beers at me and jeering me and you can bet Ralph Wilson stadium was the last place I wanted to be. I got home from the game later watched the highlight of the pats game and fell asleep for about a day woke up and wished it was all a dream then I turned on sports center and came back to reality

So, like, it was a typical Pats Fan weekend, eh?... :)

I would've been throwing beers back at them. I've been in jail. It's no big deal... :)

Hahaha, it is cathartic. I sat down and watched the SB beginning to end a couple months ago. It was difficult, to say the least, but I'm glad I did it. If I wasn't completely over it before, I am now.

Hahaha, it is cathartic. I sat down and watched the SB beginning to end a couple months ago. It was difficult, to say the least, but I'm glad I did it. If I wasn't completely over it before, I am now.

I've actually watched it a couple of times. Even when I was watching it live, it didnt kill me. I remember my friends thinking i would need to be on suicide watch. I simply told them, "hey, we've won 3, it was a great season, and the luck wasnt with us in this game. on to next year".......I firmly believe the football gods did not want us to win it all that year. I've moved on. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes