PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

*** Will Yeatman Fan Club!!! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Yeatman is a big, freakin dude. Didn't get a chance to shine. But, surely looks the part. BB likes big, tough players. We're going to have a ridiculously tough 2 te set very soon. How's this front 7 blocking?

Gronk - Solder - Mankins - Koppen - Cannon - Vollmer - Yeatman

They will literally be able to block out the sun. You have to play 8 in the box. CB's very soft coverage because safeties have to cheat up. Play action with Gronk torching a safety down the seam or the wr's in one on one coverage.

Or even better:

GRONK - Yeatman - Smith - Solder - Mankins - Koppen - Cannon - Vollmer - [WR off to the side]

Brady + Woodhead in the backfield

Now try and figure out where Woodhead's going :)

I am with you 1000%, gentlemen. :cool:

There is an IMMENSE Opportunity, here.

The League has gotten very FAST...

...But very SMALL. :eek:

True Hybrids ~ Tight Ends ~ who can block AND receive effectively...can be DEADLY.

And a team that can roll out 3 of these guys...??? :eek:

...or...4...on a given play...???

Watch OUT. :eek:

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Will Yeatman Scouting Reports!!!

#193 ~ TE ~ Will Yeatman ~ 6.6/270

178006194.jpg

Will Yeatman, in my view, has more Up Side than any classical ~ 90% Blocking/10% Receiving ~ Tight End in this Class.

He is raw as hell, but he is the prototypical size for the job, and he commands astonishing athleticism.

Will Yeatman is a ferocious Blocker who commands great natural dexterity ~ honed through years of playing LaCrosse!! ~ and who has only just tasted his incipient Navigational Liquidity in running the Route Tree.

He commands nothing less than All Pro Potential as a mauling, crushing traditional Tight End...and with surprising Agility and Instincts as a Receiver!!

And yet he projects as a Free Agent.

God Bless America.

Hats off to you for praising Yeatman on July 26. You know that which you speak. Yeatman either makes this squad or he is going to be snapped up by another NFL team where he will be a star. He does NOT make it to the practice squad! Which means Tate should be showcased and traded before he is cut.

Hats off to you for praising Yeatman on July 26. You know that which you speak. Yeatman either makes this squad or he is going to be snapped up by another NFL team where he will be a star. He does NOT make it to the practice squad! Which means Tate should be showcased and traded before he is cut.

The Giants are TE desperate and would grab him in a heartbeat. Also, for the same reason we should keep Edelman, if we cut him the Jets will use him to terrorize us like we used Woodhead last year to beat them.

I was also impressed with him on the day that I went to camp. I'm hoping that he can stick, but it is a crowded position. I don't know if he'd clear waivers.

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Will Yeatman Scouting Reports!!!

#193 ~ TE ~ Will Yeatman ~ 6.6/270

178006194.jpg

Will Yeatman, in my view, has more Up Side than any classical ~ 90% Blocking/10% Receiving ~ Tight End in this Class.

He is raw as hell, but he is the prototypical size for the job, and he commands astonishing athleticism.

Will Yeatman is a ferocious Blocker who commands great natural dexterity ~ honed through years of playing LaCrosse!! ~ and who has only just tasted his incipient Navigational Liquidity in running the Route Tree.

He commands nothing less than All Pro Potential as a mauling, crushing traditional Tight End...and with surprising Agility and Instincts as a Receiver!!

And yet he projects as a Free Agent.

God Bless America.

May the God of Your Choice Bless You, Brother StanFord!! Thank you!! :D

Yeah, Yeatman has been a Super Binky of mine ~ and of Brother Mayo's!! ~ for a long time!!

And I agree with you 100%: No way in HELL he would make it through Waivers.

Coach Bill The Mad beating out 14 teams for his services was a COUP!! :rocker:

May the God of Your Choice Bless You, Brother StanFord!! Thank you!! :D

Yeah, Yeatman has been a Super Binky of mine ~ and of Brother Mayo's!! ~ for a long time!!

And I agree with you 100%: No way in HELL he would make it through Waivers.

Coach Bill The Mad beating out 14 teams for his services was a COUP!! :rocker:

Could be an opportunity to keep Yeatman and try to deal Smith for a conditional draft pick.

I'm on board, I'm hoping that Yeatman is on the final roster.

People here are more excited. But it's interesting to see that both Reiss and Rodak of ESPN in their 53 men cut do NOT include Yeatman (at this stage) while carrying 7 WR including Tate and Slater. I understand Slater for ST -- but carrying Yeatman as 4th TE will require hard decisions:
1) cut Smith: Unlikely. BB will not cut a 5th round pick right away.
2) carry 4 RBs: Risky. Law Firm, Woodhead, Vereen, Ridley are in unless injured. Faulk on PUP. Cut Morris?
3) Carry 6 WRs incl. Slater. That mans trading/cutting Tate. Very difficult to get value for Tate if he does not suit up in the pre-season.

Choices, choices. We have 3 more preseason games to go, so we'll take it one game at a time.

I think he'll keep him around. Something tells me Belicheck is tired up getting beat up in the trenches, and he wants big tough guys on the line. Yeatman fits the bill.

People here are more excited. But it's interesting to see that both Reiss and Rodak of ESPN in their 53 men cut do NOT include Yeatman (at this stage) while carrying 7 WR including Tate and Slater. I understand Slater for ST -- but carrying Yeatman as 4th TE will require hard decisions:
1) cut Smith: Unlikely. BB will not cut a 5th round pick right away.
2) carry 4 RBs: Risky. Law Firm, Woodhead, Vereen, Ridley are in unless injured. Faulk on PUP. Cut Morris?
3) Carry 6 WRs incl. Slater. That mans trading/cutting Tate. Very difficult to get value for Tate if he does not suit up in the pre-season.

Choices, choices. We have 3 more preseason games to go, so we'll take it one game at a time.

Yes, it IS very tough calling...
thinking%20about.gif

I would append, though: Reiss ~ I don't know Rodak ~ is uselessly conservative in his writing, or at least: He was, the last time I bothered reading him. As a result, he tended to be WAY behind the curve, and generally regurgitated stuff we already knew a long time ago. He's like 99% of the writers out there, in that they shamelessly Cut + Paste The Last Thing That Happened, make a couple of obvious changes, based on big draft picks and the like...and then publish it as a "prediction". No Value Added.

I think he'll keep him around. Something tells me Belicheck is tired up getting beat up in the trenches, and he wants big tough guys on the line. Yeatman fits the bill.

SING it, Brother Santana!! :rocker:

I come in peace, Brother OTG. Yeatman has thus far shown sure hands & advanced blocking technique for the position. IDK if he has appeared yet on any of the "big 4" ST units, though if he has (and performed well) he would give himself a better chance of surviving the 1st round (at least) of cuts.

His athleticism for a receiving TE, even if only as a short-yardage option, leaves a bit to be desired, however. I'm still unsure that he can catch NFL-caliber passes on the run, either in-stride or esp. if he needs to adjust body position.

In short, Yeatman appears to have a legit chance at an NFL career, though I feel that his chances at that career may better lie in taking the Steve Maneri route of college TE to pro OT who can enter a short-yardage situation as a Tackle Eligible. And by releasing Mark LeVoir earlier in the week, Bill may be thinking the same thing, too.

Last edited:
Yeatman is better for this team NOW and he is the best option. I'm over Lee Smith and sense an ankle IR injury soon

Last edited:
This is a great stuff Grid.... You nailed it on this guy from the top of the thread down. He is a very impressive specimen and I think his upside is through the roof. I think Bill has "this year" plans for Yeatman beyond just being big blocking body. We saw some of that the other night.

He, Gronk and Hernandez or any combination therein will really tax another teams defense. It was ridiculous just how alone Henandez was on his TD catch, but if you watch the film again Gronk was just as open on the other side. The Bucs were so flustered and cheating the run that they just forgot to account for Gronk and Hernandez post snap.

Yeatman, a big blocker, with enough athleticism to get out on a pass. I cannot see how that doesn't have BOB salivating. Plus, I noticed on a few plays, as TFB checked down on his progression, when he came down to Yeatman (who had blocking assignments on each play, he was there and made positive yards. That has got to make Tommy happy inside.

Last edited:
I come in peace, Brother OTG. Yeatman has thus far shown sure hands & advanced blocking technique for the position. IDK if he has appeared yet on any of the "big 4" ST units, though if he has (and performed well) he would give himself a better chance of surviving the 1st round (at least) of cuts.

His athleticism for a receiving TE, even if only as a short-yardage option, leaves a bit to be desired, however. I'm still unsure that he can catch NFL-caliber passes on the run, either in-stride or esp. if he needs to adjust body position.

In short, Yeatman appears to have a legit chance at an NFL career, though I feel that his chances at that career may better lie in taking the Steve Maneri route of college TE to pro OT who can enter a short-yardage situation as a Tackle Eligible. And by releasing Mark LeVoir earlier in the week, Bill may be thinking the same thing, too.

Tremendous Post, Bother Stone, tremendous Post!!

I disagree with most of your conclusions, but nobody can argue with your logical approach. And at the end of the day, it's certainly not out'f the realm of reason that you may be right. Whatever gets'm on the field. :cool:

This is a great stuff Grid.... You nailed it on this guy from the top of the thread down. He is a very impressive specimen and I think his upside is through the roof. I think Bill has "this year" plans for Yeatman beyond just being big blocking body. We saw some of that the other night.

He, Gronk and Hernandez or any combination therein will really tax another teams defense. It was ridiculous just how alone Henandez was on his TD catch, but if you watch the film again Gronk was just as open on the other side. The Bucs were so flustered and cheating the run that they just forgot to account for Gronk and Hernandez post snap.

Yeatman, a big blocker, with enough athleticism to get out on a pass. I cannot see how that doesn't have BOB salivating. Plus, I noticed on a few plays, as TFB checked down on his progression, when he came down to Yeatman (who had blocking assignments on each play, he was there and made positive yards. That has got to make Tommy happy inside.

Beautifull Post, man. Great Rendition. :cool:

I see Yeatman as some kind of nightmarish Crumpler/Gronkowksi Super Hybrid: A nightmarish Blocking Machine, and ~ with time and training ~ a virtually unstoppable short yardage and intermediate Threat in the Passing Game.

The sort of Matchup Nightmares that you're talking about are EXACTLY why I've been pounding the table for us to LOAD UP on nasty Hyrids like these three and their brethren for the last couple years: With the league's Pendulum having swung to an EXTREME of "Fast and Small" on Defensive personnel ~ as well as with the college pipelines feeding these Defenses ~ the Opportunity for us reap enormous advantages by attacking the league's collective Soft UnderBelly...is IMMENSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back