PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will will play another Sunday night game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I just seen where weeks 11-17 for Sunday night are subject to change.
Any thoughts?

I just seen where weeks 11-17 for Sunday night are subject to change.
Any thoughts?
we will lose the Iggles game and probably gain the Squeelers or if they want to fool around make the Jets game Sunday night.

Last edited:
will will? yes

McGinest maybe? :)

Nah, I doubt McGinest will play another Sunday night game. This is probably his last season and the Browns aren't playoff-bound. Maybe he means Willie Parker.

I was thinking that we would lose the Eagles game as well, but I was looking at the schedule for that week and I don't know what game they would put in it's place.

we will lose the Iggles game and probably gain the Squeelers or if they want to fool around make the Jets game Sunday night.

I have a strong feeling that CBS will protect the Steelers-Pats game.

Are 20+ point blowouts fun for non-NE fans to watch? Are they still better than the other games? As already mentioned, protection is an important factor. I expect NE-Pitt to remain protected, though it works the other way where the Eagles game may stay Sunday night because it's better than any non-protected game.

I doubt the Steelers game will get moved to the night game, on Dec 9th the scheduled night game is Colts at Baltimore, so I doubt NBC would give that one up. The Steelers game might get moved to 4:15, but that's not really a big change.

Are 20+ point blowouts fun for non-NE fans to watch? Are they still better than the other games? As already mentioned, protection is an important factor. I expect NE-Pitt to remain protected, though it works the other way where the Eagles game may stay Sunday night because it's better than any non-protected game.

Not sure if they are fun for non-NE fans, but they are certainly more fun for me! This past Sunday was totally stress free. :) Yeah, I say the Steelers game gets bumped up to nighttime.

From the Sunday Night Football memo released before the season:

FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING:
The 2007 NFL schedule will utilize flexible scheduling in Weeks 11-17. In those weeks, the schedule will list the games tentatively scheduled for Sunday night on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights. A flexible scheduling move will be announced at least 12 days before the game. For Week 17, the move may be announced six days before the game. Flexible scheduling will ensure quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and give surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime.

The Pats don't have any games that can be moved to the late-night spot on Sundays. Starting with week 10, they have 4 games starting at 1, one Sunday night (which can become a 4:15 start), a Monday night game, and a Saturday night game.

The Pats don't have any games that can be moved to the late-night spot on Sundays. Starting with week 10, they have 4 games starting at 1, one Sunday night (which can become a 4:15 start), a Monday night game, and a Saturday night game.
I believe the 1PM games are still eligible to be moved to Sunday night. Sunday at 1PM is still Sunday afternoon.

I believe the 1PM games are still eligible to be moved to Sunday night. Sunday at 1PM is still Sunday afternoon.

You're right. I was under the assumption that the early afternoon games wouldn't count because they're not "afternoon" if started outside the eastern time zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back