PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Welker handle the kickoffs and punt return duties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
As I was preparing for my fantasy draft, I got to thinking who would be handling those duties for the patriots. LAst year Welker saved my butt in fantasy because of his returning abilities and thought he may be a steal in the later rounds since I think he is going to catch a ton of balls and add in the return numbers and he becomes a gem. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
He'll definitely handle punts.

Kickoff returns seem to be up in the air at this point. I expect he'll share duties there. Hobbs and Maroney are clearly the best KRs on the roster but I'd expect neither to do it except for very important returns.

unfortunately for you Welker will not have any value as a kickoff return man this year. Even if he was the only returner, he would only be receiving one kickoff a game (opening kickoff or second half kickoff) as our defense is primed for 16 shutouts :)

no, really, this is a good question and one that I have been thinking about as well. I would take the chance that he does see action as a kickoff return guy even though Ellis Hobbs will be his equal. With or without kickoffs, I think he will still be valuable as a slot receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes