PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will We Play on January 6th or 7th and at What Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Does anyone know which of these 2 days we are likely to play, and what time?

I realize that the playoff picture isn't set yet but i didn't know if there was a certain time and day that we are mostly likely to play at or one that we definitely would not be playing at.

ok someone has to know something about this?

I remember hearing there's a big chance we'll be playing Saturday night, is this true?

Does NFC Always play first on Saturday with AFC playing 2nd?

Does AFC Always play first on Sunday with NFC playing 2nd?

ok someone has to know something about this?

I remember hearing there's a big chance we'll be playing Saturday night, is this true?

Does NFC Always play first on Saturday with AFC playing 2nd?

Does AFC Always play first on Sunday with NFC playing 2nd?

i think it swaps every year. i think the WC weekend is a lot about ratings since NBC gets a game like ESPN/ABC used to get in the past. So considering the matchups we could possibly have

NE/DEN
INDY/JETS
DAL/SEA
NY/PHI

its a good chance we end up playing sat night which i think is the NBC game, which would s**k in my opinion.

NBC gets a doubleheader at 4:30 and 8:00 on Saturday. CBS is at 1:00 on Sunday and Fox has 4:30 on Sunday.

NBC will get one game from each conference (obviously) and IMO it would pick the two NY games as its games. That way they would ensure themselves of the NY market for 8 hours on Saturday. A good thing to have.

You would have either Pats/Jets or Indy/Jets as well as Giants/Cowboys or Giants/Eagles. In either case you get all top 10 media markets (save for indy) and/or a very promotable game/superstar (Manning, Brady, etc).

As to what time, that is anyone's guess at this point. IIRC they usually announce days by Monday and start times for the NBC games by Tuesday.

I also think there will be an AFC game on Sat and Sunday NOT two on either day...Seattle could be the 2nd game..no matter which day...Could be Pats play early Sunday OR thelate game..IT IS interesting though...

The money games there are Giants/Eagles and Pats/Broncos. I think our game gets the prime time nod given the quality of teams and recent history, but they love force feeding us those Giants.

Seattle could be the 2nd game..no matter which day...Could be Pats play early Sunday OR thelate game..IT IS interesting though...

The Pats cannot play the late game on Sunday. Fox has the late game. From what I have heard, it is pretty much a given that it is going to be at Seattle for a number of reasons. Seattle won't draw big numbers on primetime on Saturday. To put them at 4:30 on Saturday would be a mistake when they could have either NY or Boston's tv market, or Indy and Manning. It is pretty much decided that whoever finishes second in the NFCE will play at Seattle and it won't be the Giants. No reason for NBC to select that game. Seattle vs Dallas/Philly is ripe for Sunday afternoon at 4:30.

If it's the Broncos I guarantee a Sat night game. If it's the Jets, who knows.

i think it swaps every year. i think the WC weekend is a lot about ratings since NBC gets a game like ESPN/ABC used to get in the past. So considering the matchups we could possibly have

NE/DEN
INDY/JETS
DAL/SEA
NY/PHI

its a good chance we end up playing sat night which i think is the NBC game, which would s**k in my opinion.

ANY announcers of a game on ANY network whose name does not end in Kornheiser or Theismann is O.K. in my book:D

FWIW - Last years's AFC 4-5 game took place on a Saturday night. I think that has been true for the past several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes