Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will we know by Wednesday morning?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Will we have a winner by Wednesday morning?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2012.
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am not going to ask for predictions about who is going to win. Rather my question is this: Do you think that when the sun rises on America the morning of Wednesday, November 7 in the year of our Lord 2012, will we know the winner of the prior day's presidential election?

My theory is probably not, so I am going to vote no. I think there's a good chance no one has a guaranteed 270 electors because a couple states - perhaps most notably Ohio - will be mired in recounts.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I think we'll know. Either the methodologies for the state polls has been wrong and Romney will win or they are right and Obama will win. Let's face it, if they're right, Obama will probably have over 300 electoral votes, in which case, it's highly unlikely that enough will be switched to reverse the results. The same is true for Romney. At any rate, I sure hope we know, this campaign has been way too long, and it's getting tiresome.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I think we already know ... thus the polling places complaints and conspiracy talking points from the democrats.
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Yeah, that's right your party never talks about voter fraud and never destroyed ACORN, never disenfranchised people by ostensibly cleaning up voter rolls, never passed voter ID laws designed to impede access by the poor, never intentionally reduced early voting so that urban areas would have up to 9 hour waits for people to vote.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The media wants this election to last as long as possible, they want it to be close as well. I'd be shocked if a winner is declared by wednesday.

Get out and vote if you haven't already!

This is the PO-FO superbowl, playahs!

tipping point states are:

Ohio
    Virginia
    Nevada
    Wisconsin

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I don't have a party Patters ... anyone who has a party is closed minded in my opinion.

Be nice if you would retract that untruth ... talk about STEREOTYPING.

voted for Obama, Kerry and Gore the last 3 elections.
    Also consistently vote in the democratic primary at my polling station.
    Have never voted in a republican primary 1 time in my life.
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Jill Stein and other Green Party activists file suit against Ohio Sec'y of State Husted.

Renowned Voting Rights Advocate Files Federal Lawsuit Against Ohio Secretary of State John Husted - PR Newswire - The Sacramento Bee

WASHINGTON, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Fitrakis v. Husted Federal lawsuit filed today at 9am in Columbus, OH demands that illegal patches implanted in critical electronic vote count software be immediately removed.

Robert Fitrakis and Harvey Wasserman broke many of the major stories surrounding the theft of the 2004 election in Ohio, leading to a federal injunction and numerous criminal convictions.
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

The way you consistently attack the Democrats and complained that Obama's sanctions on Iran were a do-nothing approach suggest to me that you do have a party. You haven't criticized the Republicans, just the Democrats, so what am I to think? In fact, you even criticized Obama's sanctions on Iran as do-nothing, so it made me think that you're a neocon. But, then again you support Jill Stein, but she believes that the Republicans in Ohio are engaged in fraud. So, you may not have a party, but do you have a coherent point of view? I'm honestly very confused by your comments. It's much easier to perceive you as a Republican than a Democrat based on your recent comments in this forum, but if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. After all, their are right-wing Democrats.

And as far as stereotyping goes, we do not have a rule against stereotyping political views. In fact, it would be hard to have a political forum if we had a rule like that.
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

so what Patters ... I am not a minion like some here.

I like here ... I am voting for her ... i do not march lock step with her.

Unlike some here I don't have a party to defend or support ... that is for sheeple.

she is preferable to me over Obama and romney but I am not a Green party member or voter.
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Is this what you said all the years I attacked Bush

Shall I dig up where I opposed Afghanistan and you supported it ...

... please ... i can discredit your attack here easily ... go find another fight ... one you can win.

You don't understand me because you are incapable of independent thought ... you are a democrat sheep.

My political views are determined issue by issue ... not party by party or who supports what.

I voted for Obama ... he became Bush Lite ... not my fault ... I dislike him for it now.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

am I going to have to break you two up?

you MOds are derailing a perfectly good thread.

enough!
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Well, I'm glad at what you're saying, so I retract my claim, but Icy, you got to admit you're a lot more critical of Obama than of Romney, so what am I to think. Especially your complaint that Obama's sanctions on Iran were do-nothing. That really suggested to me that you have a neocon view, because that's the only alternative to Obama's plan that I know of.
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I have nothing to attack romney on ... until he wins.

I have repeatedly said in this forum he is more like Obama than different.

If he wins ... I'll get him ... right now he is a private citizen who has made zero policy.

Obama's sanctions on Iran were soft because he is pandering to Muslims to gain their vote.

The EU and their sanctions on fuel did more against Iran than anything we have done.

Obama should have went maximum sanctions from the beginning ... even common citizens know this.
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Hey ... get back in your corner.
  15. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I don't think we will know by Weds. morning unless less it is won going away (for either guy).

I agree with HD's statement - I hope everyone is getting out to vote.

Icy...You're either with em....Or against em.
  16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

yeah ... I have known this for a long time.
    Patters does not really like moderates ... he says we lack passion.
    Perhaps he is right, I just have to go issue by issue - it's how my brain functions.
  17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm right where you are this go-around. I think we will know Wednesday. I''m afraid our divisions will solidify even more than they are now. I hope America will react like adults and the crazies will restrain themselves.
  18. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Mine too.

Hey, at least we only lack passion in Patters' eyes...my Mother-In-Law thinks I'm idiot....

...true words.
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

As an Obama supporter, if Romney wins, I believe it would be an f-ing disaster, HOWEVER....I think we'd need to put the political crap aside and hope he is able to lead the nation. Hoping he fails, or supporting anyone who does is counter productive. I'd wish that he would be one who stands by his word when he says that he would work across the aisle, and come up with the plan of action that is truly best for all americans. I'd pledge to support either guy, in any outcome.

Thank god this BS fest is over in less than 24 hours.

I'm rooting and supporting Obama, but if Romeny wins, I still support our country, and HOPE he does a great job.

heres to a fair election! May the guy with most electorals WIN!
  20. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I'm hoping for impeachment if obama wins. In fact, if the Republicans don't attempt impeachment then I will be voting Libertarian for an extended time.