PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will we be OK and what will it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I imagine the Pats trouncing the Colts and Steelers in the play-offs two years ago?

People, lets get serious. This defense played poorly because it was missing a helluva lot more than just Seymour.

1) Wilfork played poorly, not drawing the double teams he should and allowing Jarvis Green to get doubled up.
2) Beisel and Brown were playing poorly because they just hadn't grasped the defense well enough. And Beisel, like Wilson later, was trying to do too much.
3) The Pats used 4 different CBs in the first couple games. There was no continuity there.
4) Vrabel was playing at OLB and was still recovering from an injury that kept him out of training camp.
5) The Patriots were without Bruschi and Ted Johnson as well.

People its the entire PUZZLE that was shuffled. Had things been different, and ONLY Seymour was out, I would put MONEY that this defense would have been better.

Now, that doesn't dimish Seymour's ability. He is, arguably, the best and most versatile DE in the league. But this team has showed that they have the ability to play at an ELITE level without Seymour in the lineup.

Now, they DO need to solidfy the OLB position opposite Colvin. And I think that will be a focus during the draft.

We signed Brady.

The only irreplaceable player on the team.

Seymour would be a great loss.

At a savings of about 8-10 mil a year, we could draft another lineman to go along with the young Wilfork and Warren.

Hope we don't lose either, but that's the fact. We could draft DL, (as BB loves to do) and reload with the extra dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back