Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will Ty Law Make it to the HOF?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by zippo59, Apr 9, 2007.

1. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He was a tremendous cornerback and is as good as any I have ever seen but does he have the numbers to make it there? Does playing on bad teams late in his career hurt his chances?

Also there is a defnite bias against defensive players when it comes to HOF voting, so a lot of greats get left out (Andre Tipett, to name one) in order to let in more offensive players.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  2. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd say he'd make it pretty far thru the pre-lims, but won't make it. Partially due to the gun-for-hire nature of his latter years. Partially because he was simply amongst the best of his generation but wasn't quite among the best ever.

He was/is damn good. Just not quite HOF material. Close enough to almost make it, though. NFL HOF is pretty tough to crack. A lot of deserving players don't make it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  3. JackPMiller

JackPMiller On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm still waiting on Rod Perry. He played with the Rams in the 70's. Then again, it is the NFL Hall of Fame. Rosie Greer and Lamar Lundy, both who were part of that Fearsome Foursome are not in the Hall of Fame either.

So, it is tough to get in.