PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will this season now significantly effect your opinion on BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendel

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There's always been the argument that without Brady, BB would have been more than a mediocre coach and probably out of New England by now. Since having Brady as his starting QB, BB has not had a single losing season.

One analyst on FOX's the OT said "Now we'll see how good of a coach BB really is." Do you agree with this statement or feel that any coach dealing with the loss shouldn't be realistically expected to continue to keep up the success?

Things to note, still has...

-Best WR in football + League reception leader in the slot
-Best front 7 in football
-One of the best offensive lines in football
-Very solid quadrupole running back crew
-Easiest schedule in the NFL

There's always been the argument that without Brady, BB would have been more than a mediocre coach and probably out of New England by now. Since having Brady as his starting QB, BB has not had a single losing season.

One analyst on FOX's the OT said "Now we'll see how good of a coach BB really is." Do you agree with this statement or feel that any coach dealing with the loss shouldn't be realistically expected to continue to keep up the success?

no, i dont think if we have a losing season (which we wont) that BB is a mediocre coach...

and if we win the SB i will only think BB is slightly better then how i think of him now

its only a matter of time before the BB haters come out. borges in his column already is pointing out bbś record without brady. the same hypocrites felt BB shouldve been suspended because that would hurt them more. and the most lost jobs in the nfl every yr are coaches. wonder why owners think they are important.

its only a matter of time before the BB haters come out. borges in his column already is pointing out bbś record without brady. the same hypocrites felt BB shouldve been suspended because that would hurt them more. and the most lost jobs in the nfl every yr are coaches. wonder why owners think they are important.

Don't you just love how, apparently, absolutely nobody can take credit for the Patriots' startling success? :D

Great talent makes great coaches. I think a great coach may earn a team a few victories at best. We have 3 Super Bowl victories and 2 major meltdowns since Belichick has been here ... i like the odds.

Belichick's value to the team is so much more than coaching, it's the drafts with Pioli and the organizational organization starting from Bob Kraft down. i think Belichick could move to the front office and we could still have continued success IMO.

Wasn't it BELICHICK who STOLE Brady in the '00 draft, FWIW?

Really-good coaches have to be good at acquiring the right personnel, as well.

I will always remember back in '99 when the superbowl favorite Jets lost Testeverde to a freak injury and thought their season was unfortunatly over. I will always remember how mad Keyshawn Johnson was slamming the podium in frustration that their chance for a superbowl became very small. I thought this would open the door for the Pats to take the division and make a playoff run. Funny thing is, the Jets, with a guy named Ray Lucas, finished the season with a respectable 8-8 record which tied the Pats. However, the Jets won the tie breaker between the teams and the Jets finished higher than the Pats. The point is, everyone on the Jets elevated their game to another level and adjusted to their huge loss at QB.

Belicheck will not let this team lie down because Brady was injured. If Ray Lucas can do, Matt Cassel can do it. I'm rooting for this team more now than ever. This is a true test to who the fans really are.

And to add one more thing, everyone and I mean everyone is now writing off the Pats. If you thought it was the Pats against the world then, how do you feel now? For every win the Pats win, will be that much sweeter.

Last edited:
I will always remember back in '99 when the superbowl favorite Jets lost Testeverde to a freak injury and thought their season was unfortunatly over. I will always remember how mad Keyshawn Johnson was slamming the podium in frustration that their chance for a superbowl became very small. I thought this would open the door for the Pats to take the division and make a playoff run. Funny thing is, the Jets, with a guy named Ray Lucas, finished the season better than the Pats. The point is, everyone on the Jets elevated their game to another level and adjusted to their huge loss at QB.

Belicheck will not let this team lie down because Brady was injured. If Ray Lucas can do, Matt Cassel can do it. I'm rooting for this team more now than ever. This is a true test to who the fans really are.

thats a great analogy. Its to be seen but if there was a team in the NFL who can conceivably pull it off, I guess this would be the one

I will always remember back in '99 when the superbowl favorite Jets lost Testeverde to a freak injury and thought their season was unfortunatly over. I will always remember how mad Keyshawn Johnson was slamming the podium in frustration that their chance for a superbowl became very small. I thought this would open the door for the Pats to take the division and make a playoff run. Funny thing is, the Jets, with a guy named Ray Lucas, finished the season better than the Pats. The point is, everyone on the Jets elevated their game to another level and adjusted to their huge loss at QB.

I would agree with you as well.....this will truly be a test of who the fans really are and who of us will jump ship....

BB is a great coach and he will do what is best for the team....

I will always remember back in '99 when the superbowl favorite Jets lost Testeverde to a freak injury and thought their season was unfortunatly over. I will always remember how mad Keyshawn Johnson was slamming the podium in frustration that their chance for a superbowl became very small. I thought this would open the door for the Pats to take the division and make a playoff run. Funny thing is, the Jets, with a guy named Ray Lucas, finished the season with a respectable 8-8 record which tied the Pats. However, the Jets won the tie breaker between the teams and the Jets finished higher than the Pats. The point is, everyone on the Jets elevated their game to another level and adjusted to their huge loss at QB.

And to add one more thing, everyone and I mean everyone is now writing off the Pats. If you thought it was the Pats against the world then, how do you feel now? For every win the Pats win, will be that much sweeter.

Amen man. I think the Pats can easily still go 10-6 and win the division, Brady or not.

Last edited:
Este ano no vale madre. Memo no lo puede solomente. Necesito el Tomas.

Mateo es como nino esustado.

This season certainly will affect my opinion of BB, perhaps as much as 2 or 3 more ordinary seasons do.

He'll be coping with a sudden and dramatic change to the team. So in that sense it's a challenge, both in terms of leadership and game planning, greater than most he's faced before.

This season certainly will affect my opinion of BB, perhaps as much as 2 or 3 more ordinary seasons do.

He'll be coping with a sudden and dramatic change to the team. So in that sense it's a challenge, both in terms of leadership and game planning, greater than most he's faced before.

I agree. Memo se va after este ano.

very puzzling that he never tried to bring in a viable #2 QB namely that he seemed content with cassel even after brady got hurt last year and hobbled around all pre-season. i think he was sending a suble message that no one is bigger than the team. shocking considering what brady has done, but i don't think BB sees it that way.

very puzzling that he never tried to bring in a viable #2 QB namely that he seemed content with cassel even after brady got hurt last year and hobbled around all pre-season. i think he was sending a suble message that no one is bigger than the team. shocking considering what brady has done, but i don't think BB sees it that way.

Si estas diciendo que Memo no es bueno, largate pinche boca de mierda.

My opinion of BB will always be positive, greatest coach of all time..

One of the benefits of this injury is that the Inane posters who continually post the sky is falling or try to emulate Felger and Borges may just move on... we can all hope and wish.

This is such a fake argument regarding BB, because ALL great coaches had the great QBs:

Lombardi had Starr.
Shula had Unitas, Griese and Marino.
Walsh had Montana and Young.

You can go right down the list. This is an unfair characterization, because it has been that way forever in the NFL.

One analyst on FOX's the OT said "Now we'll see how good of a coach BB really is."
That wasn't an analyst that was that piece of trash Michael Strahan.

Anyway though, the only way it would effect my perception is in a good way, if he doesn't do well, hey that's exepect he lost TOM BRADY, if we do better than expected he's a genius.

The only thing I would criticize him for is not having a solid veteran backup for Brady. If Cassel does fine, ok, but no one can reasonably exepect that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back