PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will this be the year we use a first rounder on a lb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny88

Banned
Reaction score
Is this the year? With all the picks we have, seems like we can inject a shot of youth all over this team. Aside from the lb core, and old man harrison, we are young on defense.

I would love to see Jerry Jones give us those two first rounders and Marion the barbarian if our pick can land Mcfadden.

I know thats a lot to give up , but Jones is apparently obsessed with Mcfadden.

Last edited:
we need to stop with the Barber trade. that will never happen imo :\

we need to stop with the Barber trade. that will never happen imo :\

I know, but one can wish right? You dont think if we had say the fourth pick , and Mcfadden was on the board jones ( or someone else) would be foaming at the mouth for the kid?''

With what Petterson is doing this year, I feel like we could get big time value if we worked something out.

This team is so good right now. It would be almost illegal to have a patriots type draft and load up for the future, AGAIN.

Last edited:
Yes. We will use a #1 on a LB this year. It's the perfect storm of desperate need (Bruschi retiring, Seau POSSIBLY retiring) and opportunity (a high #1 and a good LB draft class).

Book it. Finally.

I doubt it. Not in our system. Most linebackers aren't big enough out of college. I can see them drafting a DE to play linebacker but not a college linebacker unless they really like him.

The nay-sayers can be rebutted with the following two words: Logan Mankins.

Last edited:
There's not really a LB worth a top 5 pick. Probably the only way the Pats take one is if they trade down.

I really think we need some youth at lb. Every year it's , there are no good lbs in the draft. How did paul poz do for the bills when he was healthy?

It depends how high the pick is. If it's 5-10 and Laurinaitis declares, I could see picking him or maybe dan connor. If it's top 5...I dunno I don't think that's great value for a top 5 pick, unless it is Laurinaitis. I would almost rather they pick up Kenny Phillips there at SS if JL doesn't come out.

I really think we need some youth at lb. Every year it's , there are no good lbs in the draft. How did paul poz do for the bills when he was healthy?

I think he was leading them in tackles until he went out.

I think he was leading them in tackles until he went out.

He looked really good. I think we have such a young talented line. I feel like some legit speed at the lb position would be huge.

Last edited:

Patrick Willis has been a monster in SF, too.

I think we would take an olb early. An edge pass-rusher. If we thought the right one was available. Just don't see us taking an ilb in the top half of the first round. I've seen a lot of Connor and Laurinitis. Neither is a sure-fire pro. Both will probably make it and be pretty good. But, not difference makers. If I'm in the Top 10, I want a difference maker. Stud lineman, pass-rusher, or great db. D.McFadden would make me reconsider though.

I think we would take an olb early. An edge pass-rusher. If we thought the right one was available. Just don't see us taking an ilb in the top half of the first round. I've seen a lot of Connor and Laurinitis. Neither is a sure-fire pro. Both will probably make it and be pretty good. But, not difference makers. If I'm in the Top 10, I want a difference maker. Stud lineman, pass-rusher, or great db. D.McFadden would make me reconsider though.

Glen Dorsey... hmmmmmm

True... the thing is, you never know what position the front office will draft. Just expect it.

I think our lb core is out only weakness on d. Lets be honest here. They are playing well , but how much better would we be if we had a young stud lb flying around with those vets?

Although the secondary is a question mark after ***ante takes off.

Last edited:
I think Connor would project to an OLB in our system. I just love the way Laurinaitis plays, he's a ball hawk, and he's big enough (6'3 240-plus) to play inside. Plus, his dad was one of the Road Warriors in WWF! How cool is that?!

I think Connor would project to an OLB in our system. I just love the way Laurinaitis plays, he's a ball hawk, and he's big enough (6'3 240-plus) to play inside. Plus, his dad was one of the Road Warriors in WWF! How cool is that?!

He has the size. I think people forget that a kid is going to put on some size as he matures.

I guess I will be obsessed with a lb this year. Then when the pats trade out of the first round or trade down I will have a reason to whine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes