PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will this be a clean(er) game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ouch... that last post left a lingering burning smell.

Honestly, that Smith hit, while dirty as all hell, was probably the best thing that the Jets could have done for themselves in regards to the Patriots slot and possession receivers. Shots like that make guys like Welker think twice about going over the middle of the field. Hell, the Ryan Clark hit from two years ago still resonated in the Steelers game when Welker turned his head to look upfield instead of hauling in an easy pass. The result was a drop.

If Meriweather goes out there and executes a hit like that on Dustin Keller (for example), I'll call it dirty but I won't complain.

Ok a play from 3 years ago where Rhodes pushed Boldin into Smith. Here is your boy Meriweather trying to blatantly hurt Heap on more then one play a couple of weeks ago.
YouTube - Heap takes cheap shot from Merriweather.wmv

What Meriweather did doesn't change the fact that you were absolutely incorrect to make your idiotic claim. Trying to refocus the issue on Meriweather doesn't somehow exonerate Smith. And don't go with the "pushed Boldin into Smith" crap, because Smith launched himself needlessly on the play.

Last edited:
What Meriweather did doesn't change the fact that you were absolutely incorrect to make your idiotic claim. Trying to refocus the issue on Meriweather doesn't somehow exonerate Smith. And don't go with the "pushed Boldin into Smith" crap, because Smith launched himself needlessly on the play.

How is my claim idiotic? Where did I ever say the Jets have never taken a cheap shot. I was pointing out to your fellow Pats fans that they should not be callinig the Jets a cheap and dirty team coming of the week where there team got accused of trying to break the other teams QB arm.

Again I'm not trying to exonerate wut Smith did 3 years ago. You guys are trying to make him out to be this dirty player and the Pats players would never do such a thing. When your safety tryed to hurt Heap on more then one play a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
sj_popcorn.gif

How is my claim idiotic? Where did I ever say the Jets have never taken a cheap shot. I was pointing out to your fellow Pats fans that they should not be callinig the Jets a cheap and dirty team coming of the week where there team got accused of trying to break the other teams QB arm.

Again I'm not trying to exonerate wut Smith did 3 years ago. You guys are trying to make him out to be this dirty player and the Pats players would never do such a thing. When your safety tryed to hurt Heap on more then one play a couple of weeks ago.

AGAIN......

I dont remember any of the Jets safeties launching them selfs in the air to make a blantan helmt to helmet hit.

YouTube - Anquan Boldin Knocked Out By Eric Smith - Cardinals vs Jets

$50k and a game suspension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey