Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will this be a clean(er) game?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Haley, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haley

Haley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just to jog everyone's memory, let's recall this FIRST QUARTER hit from Smith to Welker and how it impacted the game from week 2.

Q1: 3-9-NE 46 (3:43) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to 83-W.Welker. NE-83-W.Welker was injured during the play. PENALTY on NYJ-33-E.Smith, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at NE 46 - No Play.

[​IMG]

After this, Wes was playing like a zombie out there. He wasn't himself. I suspect he was concussed. I know I'm still mad as hell about this. And if you recall so was Belichick. The $7,500 fine from it really seems pathetic when compared with the many other fines we've seen from other games this season.

I don't know if this was their strategy last time or merely coincidence, however if it happens again in this game, I think we will have the answer to that.
  2. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

with the jets? why see a cleaner game? of course it wont be clean

i just hope they dont get that chance again
  3. Big-T

Big-T On the Roster

Ratings:
    +339 / 11 / -4

#51 Jersey

Smith hits Welker, let Chung hits Holmes fairs fair :mad:
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  4. Patstopia

Patstopia Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I think Rex called for that hit, so I would expect nothing less.
  5. Haley

Haley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd love to see this. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.
  6. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -0

#24 Jersey

Im not going to go the way of another classless fanbase and hope to see a jet carried out on a stretch after their first offensive play but I hope Merriweather lets lose on Holmes or Edwards.
  7. Metaphors

Metaphors Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I thought the same thing. I was actually upset that Welker didn't sit for a week or 2 after that game. Similar to what we've seen with Collie, if you guess wrong with coming back after a concussion, you could end up jeopardizing the rest of the year for a player. Guess wrong and the player gets nailed again within a 2 week period...now the player is an ongoing concussion risk for the rest of their career.

I think Welker will be targeted if he goes deep middle. The Jets know that if Welker is knocked out of the game their chances improve dramatically. Since Welker doesn't go deep middle very often, it would have to be bad luck for him to get cracked in the same way.
  8. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Holmes didn't do anything, have an o-lineman or maybe Gronkowski let Smith know they didn't forget.
  9. Big-T

Big-T On the Roster

Ratings:
    +339 / 11 / -4

#51 Jersey

Yeah Holmes didn't do anything but Smith on the field is more beneficial to the Pats with him being utterly useless in coverage whereas Holmes is a comparable trade off with Welker in terms of being cheap shotted.

Or just run the score up on them, either way is fine by me :p
  10. Hitman Harris

Hitman Harris Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All Eric Smith is good for is hitting people as hard as possible. Its why hes a good run stopper but awful in coverage. Crying about him hitting Welker when its the only thing he can do is just silly.
  11. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess he can only hit by throwing forearms then.
  12. Hitman Harris

Hitman Harris Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Im saying all he is trying to do is hit hard if that means using your forearms sure why not. I remember Meriweather's fine earlier this year. It happens, its a physical game.
  13. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Unfortunatley, no it won't be. The Jets, much like their pathetic scumbag fanbase, are taught from day 1 to be the most vile, boastful, embarassments they can be. The organization from the top down to the fans is a slap in the face to humanity.
  14. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I thought I read someplace that Brady took an hard elbow to the helmet in his QB sneak attempt earlier in that game.....payback's a bit#@.
  15. MustaphaM0nd

MustaphaM0nd Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Football is a warlike game. Eric Smith wasn't be the first player to take an unnecessary crack at a player's skull, and he won't be the last. Remember Rodney? :rolleyes: I'm not saying this stuff is OK, but it will happen. I'd rather not see anyone hurt, on either side of the ball. Even Braylon Edwards. :eek:

In week 2 it seemed like after the offensive game plan went silly, the Jets were playing harder than we were. I'd like to see our guys toe up to a physical team this time around. Take away the run against a "smash mouth team." Stone ball-carriers and control the LOS. Having Mankins back and Deaderick out there will help in this regard. Hope Mike Wright can come to play.

Hitman is one of the better posters on JI from what I've read. Be grateful we don't have sg3 or Charlie Brown on our hands.
  16. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +893 / 46 / -48

Disable Jersey

SG3 and Charlie Brown aside, there are plenty of Massengills that have been coming over from the Jets sewers. This week has got to suck for the mods....
  17. GangGreen

GangGreen Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL I dont ever remember the Jets being accused of trying to break a QB arm in a game on purpose. I dont remember any of the Jets safeties launching them selfs in the air to make a blantan helmt to helmet hit.

Please stop making it out to be like your team is a bunch of choir boys. BB loves his little dirty safeties he had it with Harrison who was voted as the dirtiest player in the NFL for like 5 years straight and now has it with Meriweather
  18. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +893 / 46 / -48

Disable Jersey

In recent seasons, your QB has deliberately gone at Vilma's knees and gotten fined for it, and your safety's illegal hit put Boldin in the hospital, with the result of a $50k fine AND a game's suspension.

Jets fans really need to learn when to just shut up.
  19. GangGreen

GangGreen Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did I ever say the Jets where a bunch of choir boys?
    NO. I was just responding to the other poster who is making it out to be like the Jets are a bunch of cheap shop artist and the Pats would never do such a thing
  20. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +893 / 46 / -48

Disable Jersey

Let's review.....

YouTube - Anquan Boldin Knocked Out By Eric Smith - Cardinals vs Jets

To repeat......

Jets fans really need to learn when to just shut up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.