PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will there really be any reactions to Ted Larsen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who want to learn something, read on. The rest of you smart asses can go sit in the corner until the season ends. That said, Larsen was the #2 OC on my board because of the BC connection. #1 was Tennant, hoping to be the latest in a long list of excellent BC offensive linemen. And speaking of BC, the man who coached there for 10 years, is now Larsen's HC -- Tom O'Brien.

So obviously O'Brien knows something about the OL positions, and happens to be a long time friend of Belichick going back to his Navy days. Fill in the blanks why Larsen is a worthy pick for Dante to develop.

Wow, did you ever think that people interested in the Ted Larsen pick might want to state their opinion as well?

well, here's the way I see it. There are going to be big reactions to our first few picks. With a late pick there won't be much of a reaction. I think this thread would make more sense after we see him play. Look at Edelman. Were we all yelling and screaming of joy when we heard his name? Not really. After we saw him in action there was a reaction. All i'm saying. I don't know why everyone has to call me out.

Last edited:
I love the write-ups on this guy in my various draft guides. He has great knee bend. He's athletic and quick. He's smart, made all the line calls, and has a great field presence, he has a mean streak, mirrors well, and can also play guard as he pulls well.

Only two years playing center made him available here, but has a big upside. What's not to like, considering where they drafted him?

Kiper had him rated as the 4th overall center out of the 76 centers listed. By the way, Matt Tennant of BC was rated #5, just behind him.

In today's presser, BB made the same statement about the connection to O'Brien.

He also said that they look at Larson as the opposite of Orhnburger, they are trying to make O'burger a C, and Larsen a Guard.

Sounds a bit weird, but pretty sure i heard that right.

For those who want to learn something, read on. The rest of you smart asses can go sit in the corner until the season ends. That said, Larsen was the #2 OC on my board because of the BC connection. #1 was Tennant, hoping to be the latest in a long list of excellent BC offensive linemen. And speaking of BC, the man who coached there for 10 years, is now Larsen's HC -- Tom O'Brien.

So obviously O'Brien knows something about the OL positions, and happens to be a long time friend of Belichick going back to his Navy days. Fill in the blanks why Larsen is a worthy pick for Dante to develop.

:youtheman:

Will there really be any reactions to Ted Larsen?

Jonathan Kraft ordered 100,000 anti Larsen shot serum if needed.

I think it's kind of cool that the Pats got a player that went to high school about a mile from where I am now sitting.

The rest of you smart asses can go sit in the corner until the season ends.

uh...yeah ..I gotta pee...

600px-Pulp-sw36c.jpg

Not that this will have any affect on his career, but Larsen is a sixth-round compensatory pick on the tenth anniversary of a certain other Patriot sixth-round compensatory pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back