PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will there be pressure to allow points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of people who want the NFL to expand into
Europe.
A one sided or low scoring game would probably not be as good
as a game lot of scoring but not a blow out.

Think BB would listen to such pleas for the "Good of the NFL" ?

Maybe he'll just substitute players a little differently this game.

Yes. A low scoring game would be detrimental to the potential for success of a sport in Europe.

... and I think soccer is in a REALLY tenuous position there in terms of popularity given such low scores.

Last week CBS stopped broadcasting the Pats-Tenn game because it was a blowout and switched to another game. Wonder if they will do that again if they lose viewers because it is a blowout again. I could easily see this game getting one-sided quicker than the Tenn game.

there are a lot of people who want the nfl to expand into
europe.

Think bb would listen to such pleas for the "good of the nfl" ?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????

With the return of Seau I think this defense is jacked, they want to prove they are an elite group. They will love to have consecutive shutouts going into the bye week. Longtime lurker and virgin poster thanks patfans for a lot of info and links over the years.

Hello first poster... let me be the first to welcome/rip you.

Well, maybe not "rip", but I don't think you can really point to the return of Seau to call the D elite... that's further than most would go don't you think ?

Hello first poster... let me be the first to welcome/rip you.

Well, maybe not "rip", but I don't think you can really point to the return of Seau to call the D elite... that's further than most would go don't you think ?

It's hopefully the beginning of a quest for defense dominance come December and beyond. IMO Guyton and Mayo are just getting started. Meriweather could be All Pro soon. Seau brings rarely seen leadership skills and inspires blind devotion to the greater good for guys like Ninkovich and Mcgowan. Butler and Chung hopefully can improve like Gay and Samuel did their rookie years. I predict they will be top 5 defensively by the end of the year.

Last edited:
McGowan and Meriweather are IMO one of the most hard-hitting safety duo in the league. This is one key to building an intimidating shut-down type of defense.

What do you think happens first?

1) BB resigns
2) BB shaves points in an NFL game

Thread over.

When that day comes I will cry.

Luckily he doesnt age and will never leave:singing:

... and I think soccer is in a REALLY tenuous position there in terms of popularity given such low scores.
Tongue in cheek comment.. otherwise I'l state you don't know much about the British and Europeans in general.

Soccer ala football is in no danger of not being the number sport on that continent.

Europe.

last sunday was more of the titans sucking then the pats D being that good the bucks are not much better but this will not be a 59 to 0 win

the bucks will put some points on the bord

and i dont think BB care's about the NFL comeing to england there will never be a NFL team outside of the states

and the NFL will never be as big as soccer in england i think they are more fascinated to see why we like it so much

the same way we are fascinated to see why soccer is the world #1 sport but we just cant get in to it

A) I don't think Belichick would care even if the NFL did want him to hold up

B) If the NFL was that adamant about avoiding a blowout, it wouldn't have scheduled the Pats against the Bucs. From the offseason, this has stuck out as a candidate for possible massacre.

Europe.

Are you serious here, or is this tongue in cheek? Because I imagine BB is more worried about getting a win and not losing anyone to injury - this is the NFL and there is an adage: "any given sunday."

I think if the Pats play anywhere near as good as they did last week, they should win this one easily, but as far as I know, the NFL didn't give them the W yet ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes