PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will there be any wind for the Superbowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know it has a retractable roof. If it is open is there any chance there is wind in the stadium? or are chances that there will be none?

they also have a natural grass field?

The roof figures to be open to allow all the aerial cameras and stuff to roam the skies and get the different kinds of shots. It shouldn't be windy at all, Arizona is nice this time of year, not too hot. I'd be surprised if it's not a perfect day for passing. Not sure about the grass.

Cant see how the wind can affect that stadium even with the roof open.

I'm pretty sure that they will close the roof before the game starts like they did in Houston.

That stadium is incredible, the grass field actually rools out of the stadium and into the parking lot so they can have other events, and the grass gets the sun it needs.

I think it is about a 4 hour drive from Vegas, and big dollar Giant fans, this is going to be a real payday for the scalpers.

I would be calling ticket agents in Green Bay today, maybe they have a few.

Here's the stadium: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Phoenix_Stadium

It has grass that grows outside and rolls in when needed. Pretty sick design.

Also, not that you can predict superbowl weather, but for the next 10 days there's less then 10 mph winds and around 66 degrees each day.

Ah ****, natural grass. :(

The roof figures to be open to allow all the aerial cameras and stuff to roam the skies and get the different kinds of shots. It shouldn't be windy at all, Arizona is nice this time of year, not too hot. I'd be surprised if it's not a perfect day for passing. Not sure about the grass.

I want the roof open. Remember Houston vs Panthers......teams were gassed in 2nd half as it got so hot inside the closed dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back