Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will there be a lockout in 2011??

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Feb 6, 2010.

?

Will there be a lockout in 2011

Poll closed Feb 16, 2010.
  1. Yes- there will be no football in 11

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Yes- But no football games will be missed

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No- a Deal will get done before 11

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. No- they will settle this in march of this year.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Its a question that will be asked in the media, papers ,tv and radio for the next month and more than likley the next year.. Im still holding out hope a deal will get done in a month.. But if it does not well the drum will just beat louder and louder.. With that in mind its time to thnk what pats nation thinks..
  2. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

Re: Will there be a lock out in 2011??

dont think so. just posturing untl late next yr when they will work something out in the end. if not goodell needs to resign if he cant bring this to a close.
  3. wiggins!

wiggins! Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Here's a couple of things that scare me:

1) owners and players thinking that they're above the "product" or the "empire" that they've built and thinking that fans will automatically comeback like...like a year without the NFL was no biggie. The NFL owns the sports landscape now. More so than i think MLB EVER did even before their strike.

I'm not saying that NFL fans would never come back...or that it would take them a few years. I think the fans would always be there, once their back playing, because it's still only a 16-game schedule. But i'm wondering about the things on the out-scirts. Marketing, TV contracts...etc. Would they be as large?

If they don't have a year....I don't think the NFL will have the monopoly in the sports landscape it has now.

2)....MOST IMPORTANT....Next year's potential uncapped year scares the bejesus out of me. Once some owner makes a crazy offer to a free agent (like an a-rod deal for lack of a better term)....the other players and agents will see this and they'll fight NEVER to have a salary cap again....and then the league is f*%$#& that's the worst nightmare in my mind. Salary cap HAS to stay.
  4. wiggins!

wiggins! Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

there's AP story out there about the owners meeting today for several hours to discuss the situation with even a few owners listening to a presentation by Demaurice Smith (NLFPA head). League spokesman Greg Aiello said nothing new to report
  5. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Watching this poll with bated breath. The results will help me plan my '11 vacations... ;)
  6. wiggins!

wiggins! Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

that's a good one!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.