PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the streak end? 35 years of losing to the Redskins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
New England's top ranked offense will face a tough test against the NFL's fifth-ranked defense, a Redskins unit that is allowing just 14.7 points per game.

Additionally, the Patriots will face a team that they have not defeated in more than 35 years, having lost six straight games to Washington dating back to 1972.

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=28571&pcid=47&rss=1

Any given sunday blah blah blah. I just hope that the underdog Patriots can give extra effort, play above expectations, and at least give the Offensive Juggernaught known as the Redskins a run for their money... But I see our chances as Slim, and none, and Slim's left town... :(

We're doomed. :eek:

That last game against the skins was our last loss before going on the 21 game winning streak and they're the only team that the TB led Pats haven't won against. I'm sure the Pats players are aware of it. :cool:

I'm a firm believer that streaks like this mean absolutely nothing. We have beat the Pats 35 years, but this Sunday, that doesn't mean a thing.

Will we win? Maybe. Will it be because of the fact we always beat you? No. I hate these statistics. Cowboy fans use them against us all the time to try and declare their supremacy. You can't use the past as a reason a team is better. I'm sure Colt fans try that one on you guys all the time.

Here are some other stats:
The Redskins will make their first regular-season visit to Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots own a 21-4 record against first-time visitors and a 39-9 overall record since the venue opened in 2002.
PATRIOTS VS. NFC
The Patriots have been dominant against NFC teams in recent seasons, compiling a 24-4 (.857) record against the conference since 2001, including a run of eight straight victories dating back to 2005. New England's record over that span includes three Super Bowl victories over NFC teams. The Patriots' 33-30 victory over the Chicago Bears on Nov. 10, 2002 began a streak during which the Patriots have won 20 of their last 22 games against NFC competition, going 20-2 (.952) over that span. Last season, New England was 4-0 against the NFC, defeating the four NFC North teams by a combined score of 111-41. In their lone game against NFC competition this season, the Patriots defeated the Dallas Cowboys 48-27 on Oct. 14.

Comments like this (not sure if you are joking or not) are why the other teams fans hate us. I don't care if you want to be a homer and pick the Pats, but at least provide some legitimate statistical evidence rather than just saying "Yeah we will crush you."

ditto ditto

Here are some other stats:
The Redskins will make their first regular-season visit to Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots own a 21-4 record against first-time visitors and a 39-9 overall record since the venue opened in 2002.
PATRIOTS VS. NFC
The Patriots have been dominant against NFC teams in recent seasons, compiling a 24-4 (.857) record against the conference since 2001, including a run of eight straight victories dating back to 2005. New England's record over that span includes three Super Bowl victories over NFC teams. The Patriots' 33-30 victory over the Chicago Bears on Nov. 10, 2002 began a streak during which the Patriots have won 20 of their last 22 games against NFC competition, going 20-2 (.952) over that span. Last season, New England was 4-0 against the NFC, defeating the four NFC North teams by a combined score of 111-41. In their lone game against NFC competition this season, the Patriots defeated the Dallas Cowboys 48-27 on Oct. 14.

ok, so now I'm confused. is history in our out?

First of all, it's not like the teams play each other every season. There is not much continuity when you play 6 times in 35 years. This was totally useless information.

And so far as your Redskins unit allowing just 14.7 points per game... now it's time for the REST of the story:

That defense will be going up againsts an offense scoring 39.9 ppg... that averages out to 26.9 points.

The Washington O averages 17.4 ppg. The Patriot D averages giving up 17.1 ppg. THAT averages out to 17.3...

OK, so if you want to quote averages, the Pats win 27-17... so how silly is it to pose the Redskin ppg average as argument?

It is pretty silly. Although I think if the Skins come into our house and leave on the short end of a 27-17 score they'll probably feel like they won. They will have certainly represented themselves better than anyone else has so far vs. TB & Co.

It is pretty silly. Although I think if the Skins come into our house and leave on the short end of a 27-17 score they'll probably feel like they won. They will have certainly represented themselves better than anyone else has so far vs. TB & Co.

It IS their Super Bowl, after all.

Yeah, can't stand those moral losses. ;)

yes

10 10 10 10 10

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218274

Happy reading.

Late edit: Ooops, but I guess you didn't need me to point it out after all!

"The Pats fans are laughing about this thread on their message board." -BLRiesenbeck07 on Extremeskins.com at 2:42pm

illogical argument. you think a man like Gibbs would take this win over a championship? i think he's had a few to many accomplishments. now, if dallas was 7-0, maybe :)

BTW, thanks for that win :D

This 'haven't beat the Redskins in 35 years' is such a non-story. Would it be a story, if they played each other twice a year, and lost 70 straight games? Yes. But, that didn't happen.

It has as much importance as the following question:

"What was the Patriots largest margin of victory in preseason history?"

Answer: Their 41 - 0 win over the Redskins last year.

Who cares? Both mean nothing. Sunday is now. THAT means something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back