PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Saints break Pats 07 Record of 589 Points?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Saints Break the Pats 07 Record of 589 Points?

• Yes

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • No

Votes: 93 79.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are on Pace to break the record by 25 points. Its still early and of course Brees would have to be healthy for all 16 games.

In 2009, through 5 games, the saints have scored 192 points.

In 2007, through 5 games, the pats had scored 182 points. The Patriots then proceeded to score 150 points in their next 3 games.

I doubt the saints can hold that pace.

Even if do, I'd take our 07 offense over theirs.

Pats played

Ravens
Steelers
Cowboys
Eagles
Colts
Giants
Chargers
etc...

damn good teams at the time. And Pats don't play in a dome.

Sooner or later, a NFL team will break our scoring record. Also, a NFL team will go undefeated. That is a given. Just a matter of when. That does not diminish the performance of the 2007 Patriots. That was an astonishing year and a memorable one for all our fans.

The Saints have been built well - Offensively and defensively. They have a very good quarterback in Brees. I distinctly see the possibility of them going undefeated and/or beating our team record this year. BTW, even Indy has been very good this year. They might go undefeated too.

Just imagine, how huge Patriots vs Saints game will be, if they come into that game undefeated. Is that a night game?

Where's the "who cares" option? Superbowl, baby. That's all I care about!!!

This is dumb.

The Saint have played five games. FIVE!

They haven't even played 1/3 of their games yet and you are extrapolating 11 more games???????

How were Jets and Pats after 2 weeks? At the rate they were going they'd be undefeated and the pats would be 8-8.

Where's the "who cares" option? Superbowl, baby. That's all I care about!!!

The Jets won that, 16-9, on September 20th.

You really never know with the Saints. I'm living in New Orleans, so I hear the talk on the radio and see the team pretty often too. They're good, really good, but past history shows them to be streaky. It also really depends on if players stay healthy. Take a couple of receivers out of the equation and I don't see Brees matching Brady's mark.

I voted Yes, mostly because I hope the Saints do it so that the '07 Pats are removed from that cursed record. There would therefore be one less reminder of the Season That Wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back