PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Saints break Pats 07 Record of 589 Points?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Saints Break the Pats 07 Record of 589 Points?

• Yes

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • No

Votes: 93 79.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brady199

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
They are on Pace to break the record by 25 points. Its still early and of course Brees would have to be healthy for all 16 games. I got the feeling Sean Peyton would LOVE to break this record and try to add to his reputation as an offensive wizzard.

Mostly Dome games left. Not a lot of tough teams left.

@Miami
Atlanta
Carolina
@St. Louis
@Tampa Bay
New England
@Washington
@Atlanta
Dallas
Tampa Bay
@Carolina

the game this week at miami could be a hard game for them. miami gets a lot of ball control. miami also coming off a bye

i think they can brake the record i just dont think they will

i dont think they will put up more then 25 on the fish they have a good runing game

i think they can put 40 on all of the other team's

and i think the cowboys and the pats are the only team's that can go toe to toe with them as far as scoreing point's go's

Looking at that schedule, if they can beat New England they have a chance to go undefeated. Maybe Atlanta can beat them once.

Last edited:
man. looking at that schedule, they look like the NFC rep in the super bowl. theyre gonna be indoors throughout the playoffs.

....guess we'll have to beat them twice.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they do- being in the south and domes throughout the end of the season will help them a lot. I picked no, just because the odds aren't good for anyone to put up those point totals. They've got a legit shot though.

The Saints' biggest issue in past years has been with injuries to key offensive players. Certainly a possibility if all can stay on the field, but I would be surprised if they do.

They have the offensive firepower to do so and a defense that can force turnovers and enough 3 and outs. I think it will come down to how many points they put up on Miami, Atlanta, New England and Dallas as they should shellack the rest.

No chance, no chance at all

This Saints team is more offensively balanced than the 2007 Pats. Less need to pass, shortens the clock, less opportunity to score. That being said, if they are close in the last couple of weeks, hell yes they will go for it. How often does one get a chance to get in the record books (unless your name is Brady or your team is the Patriots)

Depends on a few factors, first and foremost health, obviously. Second, how long they stay undefeated, I mean if we lose that Baltimore game does anyone think we break our balls putting up 38 on the Giants in week 17? Same goes for them, if they have the 1 seed locked up and don't have an opportunity for 16-0 I don't think they play the starters like that.

They do have a very favorable schedule though as almost all of their tough games are over and 2 of their 3 tough games remaining are at home.

Depends on a few factors, first and foremost health, obviously. Second, how long they stay undefeated, I mean if we lose that Baltimore game does anyone think we break our balls putting up 38 on the Giants in week 17? Same goes for them, if they have the 1 seed locked up and don't have an opportunity for 16-0 I don't think they play the starters like that.

They do have a very favorable schedule though as almost all of their tough games are over and 2 of their 3 tough games remaining are at home.

I voted no for these reasons! Sean Payton has learned that for our Saints to be successful we have to be able to run the ball, and I think that later in the year if we're lucky enough to continue to win games we will end up running alot late to kill clocks. Last week against the Giants we could have scored 14 more points but chose to go into run mode and put Mark Brunell in at QB.

This is my first post here, I like the board and look forward to coming back during our game week and talking football! I'm not a big smack talker, but I can take some if ya'll got it. It's been my experience that most Pats fans are pretty cool, we have some on our board located at Welcome To SaintsReport.com Est. 1997 - SaintsReport.com.

I hope it's ok to put the board I help mod for, when the time rolls around for our game I hope some of you guys come over and visit!

GEAUXX SAINTS!

Absolutely!! Crappy schedule and the DOME. There could be (2) 18-0 teams in the SB this season. Colts vs Saints. Mark it DOWN!!!

It's kind of pointless to talk about teams being undefeated after week freakin' 6. 18-0 happened once. The fact of the matter is even bad teams are NFL teams. The 0-16 Lions were close in some games last year. And look at Baltimore versus the Patriots in 07. Baltimore was considered to be overall trash that year and they almost beat a record setting offense.

Its week 6. Undefeated shouldn't come up until 10 games are played, at least.

Last edited:
I don't expect the Saints to break the scoring record and I don't expect them to go undefeated.

I voted no for these reasons! Sean Payton has learned that for our Saints to be successful we have to be able to run the ball, and I think that later in the year if we're lucky enough to continue to win games we will end up running alot late to kill clocks. Last week against the Giants we could have scored 14 more points but chose to go into run mode and put Mark Brunell in at QB.

This is my first post here, I like the board and look forward to coming back during our game week and talking football! I'm not a big smack talker, but I can take some if ya'll got it. It's been my experience that most Pats fans are pretty cool, we have some on our board located at Welcome To SaintsReport.com Est. 1997 - SaintsReport.com.

I hope it's ok to put the board I help mod for, when the time rolls around for our game I hope some of you guys come over and visit!

GEAUXX SAINTS!

Nice thread there with the Dolphin fan calling us all bandwagoneers then in the same post saying they haven't had a blackout since 2000 when we haven't had one since 1993.

Saints will probably lose 1 division game and go either 14-2 or 15-1

I think they have a legit shot to score about 600 in the regular season but as long as you have that pretty good tandem of Thomas and Bush who could be tearing up the league as the winter months come around,why risk going through the air all the time?.

I'm saying no. The 2007 Patriots 16-0 record was the result of the Patriots' crazy talent that year combined with a crazy amount of luck. A few bounces go one way or another in one of those close games and the 16-0 record is gone.

The points record depends on two things: being able to get serious points in garbage time and having the stomach to face the criticism from doing that. The Saints, with a better running game, will eat up more clock time, and probably won't have the opportunity to hang 50ish points against teams all that often.

The undressing of the Giants is compelling, but it's hard to figure the Giants. Until they played NO, they really hadn't played anyone. Give it some time to see where NO really is. It's week 6, check back at week 10, 11, or 12.

Saint will lose to the fins this week...and even if they dont, there chance of breaking the record will be knocked down after this weekend. Anyone catch any fins games this year? They keep the ball for like 95% of the game. hard to score points that way for the saints. And that maybe why they lose...they score to quick, and the fins get the ball and keep it. I think it will be one of them who ever has the ball last wins games.

Undefeated, no.

The record, probably not but they do have the dome advantage. NE fell off pace in the colder weather and NO has no cold weather games and a fairly easy schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes