Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will The Real Fred Thompson Please Stand Up?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Jun 18, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19263100/site/newsweek/

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 1 / -9

We don't care, he's the best of a bad lot, anything is better than Pant Suit or Obama.

There are no more "American Hero's"

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My guess is that you couldnt name a single bill he has sponsored or even a position he supports.

My guess is you know him only from TV, and havent a clue what he stood for in the senate.

My guess is that you are happy to have another actor play the role of president.

He and Clinton shared cigars??!!! Thats too funny. :D
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Most Americans are content electing leaders who look good. This is the end result of the thirty five years of government corruption, corporate co-option of the culture, and general self-centeredness and isolation of the citizens. There is no more sense of community anymore in neighborhoods and towns. You don't see people getting together informally anymore. The cul-de-sac McMansion culture has taken over and no one cares about anything that happens to their neighbors the way they used to , IMO.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +365 / 1 / -9

As I said, there are no more American Hero's now the only thing you can look for is somebody with a little bit of common sense who won't run and hide under their bed when the Muslim Terrorist's get here and somebody with enough common sense not to give our country away to the Criminal Illegal Aliens who have successfully invaded our country while the Left Wing Democrats and their new Immigration friend George Bush watched, and did nothing.

We are at war with an enemy that will never stop trying to kill us, Obama & Pant Suit Hillary seem to be leading the race now, if one of these two left wing babbling fools should ever make it to the White House the Muslim Terrorists will mop the floor with them, the war will come directly to this country, they enemy will be training right here in the USA just as they did when Billy Blue Dress was running the show.

Thompson may not be "The American Hero" but he seems to be the best choice out of the group of grinning a$s holes that we have to choose from right now.
    :rocker:
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The only thing negative that I can say about this guy is that he committed movie heresy when he didn't like Clint Eastwood in the movie where Clint was a Secret Service Agent with Rene Russo and John Malkovitch played the part of the would-be assassin. Its just not good to disrespect the man.

OTOH, Ronald Regan's most useful act as President was when he said "Its morning in America,' and made everyone believe him. You can harp on and on about cutting the marginal tax whatever and moving this missile group here or there; but his main contribution to American society is that he created confidence when there wasn't any and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this guy could do the exact same thing. Until we have a populous that's informed and educated and INTERESTED enough to really study the issues and come to an informed conclusion as to who's the best person for the job we need to elect Presidents who look like they're the best for the job to keep the masses happy and content.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

1) a major Libby defense fund contributor, in complete denial that any inpropriety took place in the outing of a covert officer in charge of nonproliferation...

2) refused a direct challenge from Michael Moore to debate the health care crisis

3) a lobbyist for 17 years...
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

From a purely political view, I think Giuliani is probably the Republican with the best shot at winning, and Romney second. Thompson may look good now, but he's rather unattractive and is a Reagan retread in style. Reagan had a lot of nuance, while Thompson sounds like a stereotyped good ol' boy. Should he be the nominee, I think his charms will quickly wear thin, sort of like Phil Gramm in 1996.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Sounds Good thanks for bringing it up. Sounding better all the time.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +365 / 1 / -9

It's no use, the sore losing left wing refuses to believe that we now have a ruthless savage enemy that is biding it's time waiting to enter this country with their
    "Germs & Bombs" and with the help of ALLAH slaughter as many men women and children that is possible.

The Left Wing Liberal Democrat prefers leaders who Chase Butterflys and want to raise your taxes to provide new cars and Tequila for 12 million illegal alien criminals.

GOD HELP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you're right... sounds like someone you'd rally behind

1) financially supports the defense of a treasonous act

2) unwilling to "set the record straight" in person versus a supposed liberal "liar"

3) a lobbyist... (not much more needs to be said on that one)
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

I honestly don't much much about the guy, except that he sounds pretty good when he speaks (I've seen him do interviews recently). He doesn't sound dumb, and that's a starts. Some people didn't even know he was a senator mind you, and it'll be interesting to see if they give him the same set of rules that they give the Sens who are in the running now. We all know that Senators have a crappy record in presidential campaigns. Some feel it's because their votes can be blanketly criticized, while others think that people see governors as presidents of states, and thus more apt to handle the lead job. Either way, I know very little about what he stands for (see Obama), but do find myself listening in the few times I've heard him speak. Of course, the lefties will cross him out from day 1, just as the righties would for anyone on the other side. Like I've said before, I haven't decided on anyone yet, as it's waaaaay to early to do that, and no one sticks out. All I know at this point is who I won't be voting for. Unless of course, two of those types face each other heads up, then I guess I might have to. :mad:
  14. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Like I've said about Romney, I don't care about what he said in the past - he could have performed abortions for all I care - as long as he's pro life, and means it, now, I'm good with it.
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so, hypothetically, you'd support a politician who says he'll do something you like, despite it being documented as doing precisely the opposite in the past... interesting...
  16. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Yes but, he would never change positions again.
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

As long as I'm confident he'll do it, yes. I'm voting for who will do what I want.

Abortion is actually a tricky one as it's cuts across two (R) agendas of 1) pro life and 2) less government involvment in people's lives.

Although I don't agree with it I can see how a Republican can see (2) as overiding (1).
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

1) Guess he also wonders how NOC is someone who drives to Langley every day and checks into work. :D

2) Michael who??

3) Well, golly, he'd better get crackin' if he's going to catch up with most of them Dems!!! John Edwards lives in WHAT kind of digs, while hitting up corporations "for the poor"?? AlGore uses HOW MUCH electricity and fossil fuel for his motor pool of vehicles?? And Hillary, she lived in New York for HOW MANY DAYS before running as carpetbagger for the Senate??? (The best Cubs/Cardinals/Yankees fan any club could ask for!)

If Thompson can govern half as well as can act the part, we'll be in good hands.

//
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

No legit candidate would debate a psycho like Moore. That's like Hillary debating that blond whacko chick (forgot her name, you know who I mean).
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Also kind of like all the Dems choosing NOT TO DEBATE on FOX, with all due apologies to FOX !!!

//
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2007