PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the real fans please stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said you can't complain about the team but seriously people wanted VW signed then they ***** when it happens. they retained the only semplence of a pass rush and they still complain it's tiring i want something good to happen but there is 31 other teams for the same players

And as for VW being under contract he was not. He could have gone and signed with anyone they would have have to pay something but still

In the immortal words of Rick Pitino, the negativity in this town sucks!

I never said you can't complain about the team but seriously people wanted VW signed then they ***** when it happens. they retained the only semplence of a pass rush and they still complain it's tiring i want something good to happen but there is 31 other teams for the same players

And as for VW being under contract he was not. He could have gone and signed with anyone they would have have to pay something but still

There are fans and there are phantasy phans. Of course you can be both, but the game that counts doesn't involve draft position, guaranteed dollars or phantasy points, it's the one on the field.

Signing the good, not great, veterans is why we won three titles. Ignore the panic attackers, they'll never be happy.

Fan is short for fanatic.

Didnt realize real fans are not allowed to question their team.
Question sure, but there has been such negativity lately it's amazing. There is a difference between acknowledging the need for players and and acting like the Pats suddenly suck because they didn't act on day one of free agency, and the active dislike toward the team that is become more and more prevalent.

Fan is short for fanatic. You're absolutely right. And we want our team to be the best. That is not the same as undercutting everything the teams does and finding something wrong with everything they do.

There is a huge difference between questioning and trashing. And what has been going on has been trashing.

At work, Pats fans get together and talk about the team, what they should do and how great they should be next year, etc etc.

That's what fans do. Get together and talk about their team. This forum is a place for a LOT of fans to talk about their team. But the internet being what it is, people who are not fans, or are perpetual whiners and complainers, also come here.

In a face-to-face environment, these PITAs would be excluded from conversations because no one likes constant complaining and whining. And if the was a Jets fan who was rude and insulting and behaved like Ramon, he would also not be tolerated.

In a face-to-face environment, all the whiners would hang around together because everyone else would ignore them.

But online, it is different. So we have these perpetual PITAs who have been part of the group for a long time. No one could really call them Pats fans, or any fans. They see themselves are 'realists' and call fans homers. They just don't understand what it is to have a team they love, win or lose, year after year.

It's only a mild annoyance until the whiners become so vocal they outnumber the fans. This happened last couple of years, when people went off the deep end with each loss. They acted like the Pats should NEVER lose a game, that no team should ever have a 100 yard rusher or no QB should ever complete a TD against up, and were furious when any of theose things occurred. Even victories were treated like, "We were lucky with the way we played."

I can understand the OP. It is tiresome to wade through all the posts by people who actively dislike the Pats

I guess you can think of it like family. Fans treat the team like extended family. Even when you don't like them, you love them because they are family.

Question sure, but there has been such negativity lately it's amazing. There is a difference between acknowledging the need for players and and acting like the Pats suddenly suck because they didn't act on day one of free agency, and the active dislike toward the team that is become more and more prevalent.

Fan is short for fanatic. You're absolutely right. And we want our team to be the best. That is not the same as undercutting everything the teams does and finding something wrong with everything they do.

There is a huge difference between questioning and trashing. And what has been going on has been trashing.

At work, Pats fans get together and talk about the team, what they should do and how great they should be next year, etc etc.

That's what fans do. Get together and talk about their team. This forum is a place for a LOT of fans to talk about their team. But the internet being what it is, people who are not fans, or are perpetual whiners and complainers, also come here.

In a face-to-face environment, these PITAs would be excluded from conversations because no one likes constant complaining and whining. And if the was a Jets fan who was rude and insulting and behaved like Ramon, he would also not be tolerated.

In a face-to-face environment, all the whiners would hang around together because everyone else would ignore them.

But online, it is different. So we have these perpetual PITAs who have been part of the group for a long time. No one could really call them Pats fans, or any fans. They see themselves are 'realists' and call fans homers. They just don't understand what it is to have a team they love, win or lose, year after year.

It's only a mild annoyance until the whiners become so vocal they outnumber the fans. This happened last couple of years, when people went off the deep end with each loss. They acted like the Pats should NEVER lose a game, that no team should ever have a 100 yard rusher or no QB should ever complete a TD against up, and were furious when any of theose things occurred. Even victories were treated like, "We were lucky with the way we played."

I can understand the OP. It is tiresome to wade through all the posts by people who actively dislike the Pats

I guess you can think of it like family. Fans treat the team like extended family. Even when you don't like them, you love them because they are family.

Where's the thank you button! Spot on summary.

I can't wait to get my hands on this thread when I get home from work.

kellyoddball.jpg

======================================================

I like the Jets beating the Pats more then sex
If all Jets fans felt that way, it would almost be worth a loss to stop the next and future generations.

If all Jets fans felt that way, it would almost be worth a loss to stop the next and future generations.
I'm sure they proliferate like rabbits

well......some decisions are worth disagreeing with and some are worth trashing.......

just because some people can't handle the negativity does not mean it is not justified.........by the same token that some could be excessively negative, others are excessive blinded by their love of past events brought on by their current heroes.......

like I said before........the game passes all coaches by and it is a matter of time before it will pass BB by, too.....the only question is whether that is already happening

The irony of Gunnails' statement was that he likely doesn't have sex with anyone but himself. So yeah, his team upsetting its biggest rival would trump that.

By the way, it is kind of hard to imagine that a creature like Fireman Ed actually had parents. He looks more like a test-tube medical experiment gone awry.

The irony of Gunnails' statement was that he likely doesn't have sex with anyone but himself. So yeah, his team upsetting its biggest rival would trump that.

By the way, it is kind of hard to imagine that a creature like Fireman Ed actually had parents. He looks more like a test-tube medical experiment gone awry.

===================================================

Ha Ha, the jokes on you I get plenty of passionate affection, when ever she lets me.

They haven't done a thing to improve the team... still don't have a solid pass rusher, no lefft corner, no 3rd receiver

And if you are counting on them filling these positions from the draft and getting some production next year.... you are sadly mistaken ... they got burned by the last 3-4 drafts... they didnt get enough impact players (so much for trading out and ...oh yea the V word = Value). You all sound like Ordway... Mr "I dont wanna be too hard on the Pats because of the partnership"
I have very low expectations..and wouldnt be shocked if they trade down AGAIN!!!

Re signing the players is good... but its not enough... u telling they couldnt Bolden for a late 2nd round pick??? I just have a feeling ppl dont want to deal with BB or dont see the Pats as winners anymore.

Go through the roster and tell me if you feel good about this team... oh btw whos playing OLB???

I'm sure they proliferate like rabbits

No, rabbits can't produce asexually.

Of course a proportion of Jets fans resemble fungus, so they would be unaffected.

They haven't done a thing to improve the team... still don't have a solid pass rusher, no lefft corner, no 3rd receiver

And if you are counting on them filling these positions from the draft and getting some production next year.... you are sadly mistaken ... they got burned by the last 3-4 drafts... they didnt get enough impact players (so much for trading out and ...oh yea the V word = Value). You all sound like Ordway... Mr "I dont wanna be too hard on the Pats because of the partnership"
I have very low expectations..and wouldnt be shocked if they trade down AGAIN!!!

Re signing the players is good... but its not enough... u telling they couldnt Bolden for a late 2nd round pick??? I just have a feeling ppl dont want to deal with BB or dont see the Pats as winners anymore.

Go through the roster and tell me if you feel good about this team... oh btw whos playing OLB???

Are you screaming right now?

Of course a proportion of Jets fans resemble fungus, so they would be unaffected.

in reference, I hear that Gunnails is a fun guy

Last edited:
This is why I often "take the offseason off" here. Too many people who lack any sort of perspective and balance. Too many people who vow to post the same viewpoint over and over, in many threads, until absolutely everyone agrees with them.

Intelligent criticism and discussion is welcomed but is in short supply.

I think it has something to do with the fact that all of those guys were on the roster last year and, well, you know what happened then.

neal and wilfork were on the 2007 roster, too, and......oh wait, I know what happened then.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back