PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the real fans please stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilfork WAS NOT a signing...He was already under contract for next season. What is there to be excited about with that? Did you think he would hold out with there not being football likely to be played the following year?

Doesn't matter. Still doesn't excuse the relentless pessimism.

I think those Baltimore and New Orleans losses were devastating to this fanbase.

I agree the complaining and meltdowns can get a little annoying, but I don't think it makes people any less of fans. We all love the team the same, just some people tend to panic with all these teams making big moves and they forget how we built teams that won 3 super bowls in a 4 year span.

Wilfork WAS NOT a signing...He was already under contract for next season. What is there to be excited about with that? Did you think he would hold out with there not being football likely to be played the following year?

He wasn't under contract, he would have needed to sign his tender. But he wasn't under contract for 2011-2014, so that's the part to be excited about.

Some of us are fans of the New England Patriots from now until forever. Others apparently are "fans" only of the 2010 Patriots right now and don't give a damn about the future.

i came in today with low expectations and high hopes so im happy.

it was kinda fun reading all the people freak out lol

lol I know right. This has been one of the most entertaining days on this forum for me, personally

I think those Baltimore and New Orleans losses were devastating to this fanbase.

True. But if I recall correctly, neither the Harrison nor Colvin additions took place on the first day of FA.

You can be critical of the Pats and still be a fan. Nothing wrong with it. Some people are just frustrated by the lack of activity so far.

The Patriots did something today that I had hoped to see them do in the past. SIGN THEIR OWN CORE PLAYERS. I sure wish that they would have taken this approach before they let guys like Asante walk out the door. I'm glad these players have been signed. We have a few more that we need to pay attention to. I would like to see Faulk and Bodden signed next. After that, I'd like them to pick up some quality free agents to fill some of the holes on this team. Role players, we haven't had enough of those on this team in a long time. Impact free agents are great. But they better be the right fit for the team. I don't want to see them pay big money for another Adalius Thomas.

The Patriots did something today that I had hoped to see them do in the past. SIGN THEIR OWN CORE PLAYERS. I sure wish that they would have taken this approach before they let guys like Asante walk out the door. I'm glad these players have been signed. We have a few more that we need to pay attention to. I would like to see Faulk and Bodden signed next. After that, I'd like them to pick up some quality free agents to fill some of the holes on this team. Role players, we haven't had enough of those on this team in a long time. Impact free agents are great. But they better be the right fit for the team. I don't want to see them pay big money for another Adalius Thomas.

They've always paid the core guys who deserved the money.

What to be excited about?

1. It shuts up McGinest, Moss, Samuel, and every other person whom ever said "The Pats don't pay." Horsesh!t. They do pay, if you are worth it.

2. We keep a vital, proven cog of the field, and one of the true "good guys" off the field.

I am thrilled Vince got resigned.

how can you say others are not fans of the team bc they are critical of they way the team has been doing business as of late? This team is still stuck on it's method of winning 6/7 years ago. Everyone was saying ooo its great that the pats did not advance in the playoffs bc they would not be under any restrictions in terms of signing FA's. And those of you who think Wilfork would not have signed his franchise are drinking the kool aid

The fact remains if this team would have paid core players such as 'Sant and Jabbar even Branch for that matter they would have not been in the proverbial hole their in now

The fact remains if this team would have paid core players such as 'Sant and Jabbar even Branch for that matter they would have not been in the proverbial hole their in now

they aren't in a hole, except to the eternally pessimistic. The same pessimistic crowd that kvetched and whined every single game of 2007.

What impact players does this team have...So you are saying we have no issues at RB, WR, DB, or LB? no holes? I'll always be a fan of the team however that does not mean I can not be critical.

Last edited:
True. But if I recall correctly, neither the Harrison nor Colvin additions took place on the first day of FA.

Nor Welker nor Moss, for that matter. . . .

What impact players does this team have...So you are saying we have no issues at RB, WR, DB, or LB? no holes? I'll always be a fan of the team however that does not mean I can not be critical.

Show me the team that doesn't have holes to fill? That's the nature of the game, as long as free agency exists there will ALWAYS be holes to fill. You can't keep everybody especially if you are a quality team like the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back