PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the real fans please stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I Have been on and off here all day. I saw people freaking out over VW we sign him and half the "fans" complain we sign a 10 sack LB/DE for about a quarter of the only other 10 sack DE and people complain. We resign a core of the OL and people complain.

I am sick of it so if you are like me and tired of the negitivity let me and the others that are being negaitive know.

I think it has something to do with the fact that all of those guys were on the roster last year and, well, you know what happened then.

Last edited:
I'm excited right now, we do need to sign a decent CB, Bodden or close equivalent, then we can go into the strong draft with extra picks and a team without new holes. I hope for Bodden and a few mid levels like Derrick Mason and we'll look fine heading into the draft.

Standing up now.

I think it has something to do with the fact that all of those guys were on the roster last year and, well, you know what happened then.

I would say that someone is paying attention.

You're simply retaining your core players and building around them. These deals had to be done for us to be successful this year. Remains to see what we will do in the draft. Is Aaron Kampman an option at this point if his knee checks out?

Fan is short for fanatic.

Didnt realize real fans are not allowed to question their team.

You're simply retaining your core players and building around them. These deals had to be done for us to be successful this year. Remains to see what we will do in the draft. Is Aaron Kampman an option at this point if his knee checks out?

I agree, but the things to get excited about are the additions to the team that bring it to a level above and beyod the previous season.

The main reason that he's leaving GB is because he wasn't a fit in their 3-4. How would he be one here?

Because Neal, Wilfork and TBC were clearly the weak-links of the team last year.

If we were to extend Brady this offseason, would that be a mistake given how the season ended?

Because Neal, Wilfork and TBC were clearly the weak-links of the team last year.

If we were to extend Brady this offseason, would that be a mistake given how the season ended?

I'm not saying those are mistakes. I'm not saying they're bad things at all. They are good things, but they don't make the team any better than last year. They bring you back up to the level that you were at.

The problem is, the level that the Pats were at in January 2010 is a hell of a lot lower than it was in January 2008 or January 2005 or January 2004, etc. For example, the Pats were at a comparably low level in January 2003 (9-7 record in 2002). What did they do? They brought in Rodney, they brought in Poole, they brought in Colvin, they eventually brought in Washington, and they added through the draft with Wilson, Samuel, Warren, etc.

Last edited:
I think you just need to accept that for some people being a fan is a chance to unload that negative energy. It doesn't make them any less of fans, it just gives them a better outlet than say yelling at their wives or girlfriends. And if it wasn't for them this messageboard wouldn't be half as interesting as it is.

Personally I believe that Belichick is one of the most intriguing coaches ever (personally I think the best ever) and one day we'll look back on these days and realize how special it was. There isn't a human being on the planet who is more competitive or more qualified to run a football organization than him. So I just like to sit back and enjoy what he does. He's not infallable, but who is?

VW is an essential signing. IT got done.
Neal is important to our OL. IT got done.
TBC was the Pats most productive OLB last season. IT got done.

The Patriots resigned the core players they identified are necessary for the team's success.

They gave a shot at Peppers but it didn't work out. The Bears were willing to back up more TRUCKLOADS of money.

They took a shot at Boldin, until the Cards asking price got too steep.

I think that the Pats front office is earning their pay so far. And there are still other options available in the free agent market.

Can we trade for Peppers?

You are the most unusual Jet Fan that has ever visited this sight. Just crazy. :D

======================================================

I am standing up as a fan of the NY Jets, that goes without saying.

It is true I am a fan of the NFL and not a Pats hater, although I like the Jets beating the Pats more then sex, I recognize the thrill is in beating the best.

I am obsessed with the Jets first then the Pats.

But enough about me.:)

This thread is a bigger joke then the current crop of corners the pats have. Guess the only true fans of this site are the ones who never question almighty bb.

Last edited:
Fan is short for fanatic.

Didnt realize real fans are not allowed to question their team.

Questioning the team and excessive panic on day 1 of Free Agency are two entirely different things. Also questioning is far different than demanding you are correct no matter what.

Last edited:
i came in today with low expectations and high hopes so im happy.

it was kinda fun reading all the people freak out lol

Doesn't matter. Still doesn't excuse the relentless pessimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes