PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats wear Throwback Jerseys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i disagree about wearing the old jerseys. sort of insulting to the old teams in my opinion.

I'd like to see the best of both incorporated. The dark blue, red and silver works. But the current uniforms are just too busy and Elvis is just an awful, awful logo. Bring back Pat and put him on a silver helmet. Getting rid of Elvis also would get rid of the horrible dual wedge grahpic thing that is happening on the jersey. If you must have the logo on the shirtsleeve, make it pat and the conflict ends. Better yet, get rid of the shoulder decoration. It's junky and, really, with the virtual disappearance of sleeves, shoulder stripes don't work anymore. Which is also why the old red jerseys aren't appropriate for today. Although they were very cool when there were sleeves and the stripe could go all the way around the shoulder. Finally, simplify the unis a bit. We don't need to trash up the jerseys with stripes down the side. That would help immensely. Blue makes good sense as the Americans were the bluecoats and the British the redcoats. So, I'd say: Pat on a solid silver helmet. Current color jerseys with current numbers, no shoulder decoration or side stripe, Pat on sleeve, same britches. I might also ditch the blue pants but there's nothing wrong with them. I just think white and white with a silver hat makes for a more understated, come into town and get the job done and go, road look.

I like the blue shirts, the minute men were FIGHTING the red coats for goodness sakes. I like today's Elivs, also really don't like the Bledsoe era Elvis unis, but today's I think are sharp. I used to love to draw logos as a kid, and as such hated Pat Patriot because I couldn't draw him.

All this, despite my love of the Kansan QB.

God I hope not.

They represent 3 decades of futility.

God I hope not.

They represent 3 decades of futility.

Come on! Is that ALL they represent to you?

How about they represent the history of our team? How about they represent our first Superbowl appearance, achieved against the odds by winning three road games in the playoffs? How about they represent Steve Grogan, John Hannah, Stanley Morgan, and earlier Patriot legends?

I think once a year the team should all come out in grey hoodies.

It's amazing the passion we all have for this issue. To tell the truth if the Pats changed their logo to a old hippy riding a rhino I still would have that logo all over my home.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the Pat Patriot logo and the old uniforms. I'm OK with it however as the replacement Throwback third jersey like other teams are now doing. Maybe once a year. To me, its hard to look at now because IMO the red jerseys cry of "being outdated" and of a different era.

Bringing them back to replace the Elvis logo permanently? I'm thinking Kraft would never allow it unless the team becomes the longtime bottomfeeder of the league again and is really, really, desperate for merchandising sales.

I can guarantee you that the uniforms and logo we have now since 2000 will easily surpass the 31 straight years we had with the Pat Patriot and his unis.

Come on! Is that ALL they represent to you?

How about they represent the history of our team? How about they represent our first Superbowl appearance, achieved against the odds by winning three road games in the playoffs? How about they represent Steve Grogan, John Hannah, Stanley Morgan, and earlier Patriot legends?

Not ALL, but 90% ? Yup... the bad far outweighs the good.

Throwbacks are made so you can look back fondly at teams of the past... there isn't enough to look back fondly on. I'd much rather they live and play in the present.

i disagree about wearing the old jerseys. sort of insulting to the old teams in my opinion.

Are you people going soft in the heads? It's a uniform, not a freaking ex-wife who hates you.

One guy believes in ghosts and curses, another guy thinks it's "insulting". What the hell planet are you guys on?

IT'S A JERSEY. In fact, it's a great looking crimson jersey.

You guys talk as if turning the memory back to other eras somehow can prick your fragile little bubble of success. If your bubble of success rests upon anything that fragile then no wonder you are scared crapless of a jersey, or think it's "insulting" to somebody.

Aye yi yi yi yi ,...................... football fans ..... get a life guys. Really, look into therapy and try to root out the intense fears that you have about clothing.

Are you people going soft in the heads? It's a uniform, not a freaking ex-wife who hates you.

One guy believes in ghosts and curses, another guy thinks it's "insulting". What the hell planet are you guys on?

You guys talk as if turning the memory back to other eras somehow can prick your fragile little bubble of success. If your bubble of success rests upon anything that fragile then no wonder you are scared crapless of a jersey, or think it's "insulting" to somebody.

Aye yi yi yi yi ,...................... football fans ..... get a life guys. Really, look into therapy and try to root out the intense fears that you have about clothing.

Football is a very passionate game. The fans are passionate. It logically follows that they're also passionate about a team's uniform, which represents enduring images of the players in action -- much more so than any other sport, because you can't indentify players by their faces. It is very much an identifying factor, so don't call people nuts and try to minimize the way they feel about it.

I, for one, get visceral sinking feeling seeing those red uniforms, because the Patriots were failures most of the time they wore them. Those throwbacks represent losing, and you can't blame fans for seeing it that way.

well said; i agree with you

I, for one, get visceral sinking feeling seeing those red uniforms, because the Patriots were failures most of the time they wore them. Those throwbacks represent losing, and you can't blame fans for seeing it that way.

I'm one of those crazy superstitious fans, and pasionate to have those visceral reactions myself. But I gotta admit... when I saw them come out that one time in the red jersey's and I saw Tom Brady under that red shirt... I thought... this could be sort of like an "exorcism moment". I had faith in Brady and the Kraft era Pats... and that was a bigger feeling than my paranoia over the "jinx like red".

So I kind of feel like they've removed the stigma of the red unis. That said, while I enjoy seeing throwbacks now and then, I'm not really partial to the old Pat the Patriot logo as a design. I definately prefer the Flying Elvis.

When the Patriots wore the Red Pat throwbacks on Thanksgiving v. the Lions...

They beat the Lions. Just saying, for all the "curse" people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back